Reporting to: Web Design Manager
Location: Richmond, London
OVERALL PURPOSE OF ROLE
As part of the creative team, you will create striking visual designs from briefs, using wireframing and quick prototyping technique. You will also bring to life the brand proposition and continually develop your skill set to help the business to grow.
The role requires demonstration of exceptional attention-to-detail and a user-centric design approach that embodies the brand.
In this position you will strive continuously to stay abreast of new user experience studies and patterns to best benefit the usability and the performance across the notonthehighstreet.com platform and products.
Web page design and development
- Translate creative briefs into stunning visual layout.
- Design interactive landing pages for a wide range of campaign and on-site materials.
- Design newsletter template that reach over 630,000 customers every week.
- Develop and improve both website usability and the user experience.
- Transform visual designs into optimised assets that can be handed over to the technical team according to best performance optimisation practice.
- Work with the development team to ensure creative concepts are finished to a consistently high standard.
- Design attention-grabbing advertising banners; from PPC to fully customised landing pages.
- Work closely with the marketing department to design material for social media campaigns.
Web design development
- Remain up-to-date with new web trends and, where possible, apply such usage to enhance the company products
- Embrace a proactive attitude towards learning the latest methodologies, striving continuously to improve the platform effectiveness.
- Understanding of retail websites and best optimisation practices
- Knowledge of email marketing techniques
- Familiarity with user interface design
- Experience designing for A/B and multivariate testing
- Ability to solve complex user experience problems with creative thinking, always taking the initiative and working to tight deadlines.
NECESSARY SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- University degree, preferably in Graphic Design
- Good understanding of Mac OS platform
- Strong Adobe Creative Suite skills (Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver)
- An excellent understanding of UI Design
- Proficient in CSS and HTML
- Understanding of UX
- Understanding of Agile development
If you think you can make a difference to our sellers, our customers and our company, we’d love to hear from you. Please send your CV and portfolio (URL) along with a covering letter and an indication of the salary you’re looking for to firstname.lastname@example.org.