Reporting to: Head of Development / Technical Lead
Location: Richmond, London
We’re looking for an experienced UI/UX Specialist to work within our agile development team at notonthehighstreet.com in Richmond. As a UI/UX designer, you will work closely with a cross-functional team composed of technical, creative, business development, user-experience and marketing professionals.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a talented UX designer with to play a key role at the cutting edge of interactive web and mobile design, creating ground-breaking UIs and supporting the continuous UX improvements of our innovative web e-commerce products. Note that this role is true application design, not webpage design, and a design role rather than a development role, though development experience will be beneficial.
In return, we offer you a dynamic, fast moving, rapidly growing environment, where we value creativity and innovation, technical excellence and responsibility/ownership. You’ll work on a variety of projects on our award-winning site, to help build customer reach and engagement, for example internationalisation, mobile sites and partner tools.
You will work closely with both the Technical and Creative teams to:
- Create wireframes and interaction designs
- Produce rapid, iterative prototypes
- Draw/sketch and scribble a lot
- Originate new user interface concepts and models
- Contribute to innovation of our products and processes
- Contribute to style guides for use by developers
- Contribute to the on-going refinement of our user-centric design tools: Personas, narrative journey maps, contextual scenarios etc.
- Research and define ways to make our applications more intuitive and attractive.
- Conduct and analyse user testing
- Track and report UX improvement
Desired Skills & Experience
- A passion for innovative visual design and well-designed user interfaces
- Good communication skills and the ability to thrive in a demanding and professional team environment
- An understanding of user-centric design principles and current best practice
- Experience of working in an agile or lean development environment
- A degree in Visual/Interaction Design or similar
- A fanatical attention to detail and respect for clean typography and information design
- A background in visual design, interaction design and print design, and/or information graphics
- A proven track record in UI design and a demonstrable portfolio of work
- Experience with agile development methodologies
- Previous e-commerce experience would also be beneficial
- Desire to work closely with the business, learn new things and teach others
- Ability to take ownership of a project or issue, analyse it and solve problems not faced before
- Strong communication skills, both technically and non-technically.
If you think you have the required skills and experience to make a difference to our business, please get in touch with us at email@example.com, with a covering note, your CV and an indication of your salary expectations.