Reporting to: QA/Test Lead
Location: Richmond, London
We’re looking for a highly talented, passionate and motivated Test Engineer to work as part of our technical team at notonthehighstreet.com in Richmond. You will work closely with a cross-functional team composed of technical, creative, business development, user-experience and marketing professionals.
You’ll focus on every aspect of the testing stack, from the front-end to back-end, and at every layer of granularity from unit testing to integration and performance testing.
Becoming part of a diverse team, it’s essential that you have excellent communication skills (fluent English is a must), are well organised, detailed and accurate, can work quickly to tight deadlines and have the ability to work with junior or non-technical members of the wider notonthehighstreet.com team.
In return, we offer you a dynamic, fast moving, rapidly growing environment, where we value creativity and innovation, technical excellence and responsibility/ownership. You’ll work on a variety of projects on our award-winning site, to help build customer reach and engagement, for example internationalisation, mobile sites and partner tools.
Desired skills and experience
- Experience with agile development methodologies, Scrum, Kanban (or similar)
- Knowledge of Project and Issue trackers, Jira, Lighthouse (or similar)
- Mobile/Tablet testing experience – cloud, physical or emulated devices
- Experience with manual testing
- Technical background, with a strong Computer Science, Software Engineering or similar degree
- Strong communication skills, both technically and non-technically
- Well organised and can work quickly to tight deadlines
- Ability to take ownership of work, analyse and solve problems not faced before
- Excellent problem solving skills with meticulous attention to detail
- A rigorous approach to product quality
- ISEB / ISTBQ qualified
- Previous e-commerce experience
- An understanding of BDD
- Experience with test tools: RSpec, Jasmine, Cucumber (or similar)
- Good understanding of SQL, particularly MySQL
- Understanding of Unix-like systems and comfortable working within the terminal
- German speaker
If you think you have the required skills and experience to make a difference to our business, please get in touch with us at email@example.com, with a covering note, your CV and an indication of your salary expectations.