Talent Specialist/ Recruiter
Reporting to: HR Director
Location: Richmond, London
What We Need
We’re looking for a seasoned recruiter/talent specialist, primarily to grow our Technical team, but also to attract and hire exceptional talent throughout our business in the UK and then across Europe as we continue to expand.
You will take responsibility for the full recruitment life-cycle including developing new search strategies, administration of the function, sourcing, pre-screening, interviewing and closing candidates. Once you’ve cracked that we need you to work with the HR team to develop our company wide hiring strategies to ensure we all replicate your incredibly high standards and ability to source, attract and evaluate the very best talent to take our business to the next stage of its ambitious journey.
Becoming part of a diverse team, it’s essential that you have excellent communication skills (fluent English is a must), are well organised, detailed and accurate, can work quickly to tight deadlines, have a passion to spread your skills and experience across the organisation, and have the ability to work with junior or non-technical members of the wider notonthehighstreet.com team.
What You’ll Do
- Review and understand technical job requirements and create job specifications
- Work closely with hiring managers to develop imaginative solutions to finding high-calibre staff in a competitive recruitment market
- Promote notonthehighstreet.com as an employment destination of choice and help to build the notonthehighstreet.com image and technical brand in the community. Help to identify and organise appropriate networking events
- Take briefs from across the business and help the hiring managers build their sourcing strategies and assisting them to deliver against their resourcing needs
- Develop search strategies, keeping abreast of trends and utilising creative and cost efficient sourcing strategies to mine talent in a limited talent pool, including networking, user-groups, professional affiliations, universities, cold calling, job posting, job boards, LinkedIn and other social media
- Build networks to create a pipeline of potential talent so we have a ready stream of candidates to meet fluctuating business needs
- Advertise vacancies appropriately by drafting and placing adverts in a wide range of media, e.g. websites, social media, magazines and network sites
- Headhunt – identify and approach suitable candidates who may already be in work but creating the level of excitement and interest to attract them to our opportunity
- Source, pre-screen, manage interviews and evaluate candidates
- Manage and maintain a system for logging and managing CVs and maintaining long term relationships with good candidates, progressing candidates through the recruitment cycle
- Engage and manage candidates throughout the process and progress internally to ensure all candidates are managed in an appropriate way
- Provide advice to the leadership team on salary levels, training requirements and career opportunities
- Coach and mentor hiring managers in interviewing and best recruitment practice, keep up to date with any legal implications of hiring and ensure our practices remain compliant
What You’ll Bring
- Proven success in sourcing, recruiting and qualifying candidates through diverse recruitment channels
- Ability to build strong relationships
- Technical background, experience in a rapidly growing, fast moving, startup-type organisation, and the ability to project technical knowledge and competence to potential candidates
- Self-confidence and self-starter
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Efficient and driven to get timely results
- Excellent administration skills
- Strong negotiation skills with the ability to find common ground in negotiation situations
- Expert use of various job boards, social networking sites, blogs, etc.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- A knack for learning and staying up-to-date with new technologies
- Ability to recognize, based on experience, what the perfect candidate looks like for any given job description
- Ability to creatively and convincingly generate candidate interest in our business offering
Who You’ll Work With
You’ll report to the HR Director and work closely with the Head of Development, the technical team and hiring managers across the business. You’ll be part of the wider HR team.
If you think you can make a difference to our sellers, our customers and our company, we’d love to hear from you. Please send your CV, along with a covering letter and an indication of the salary you’re looking for to firstname.lastname@example.org.