10 Surprising Experience Gifts
When no ordinary gift will do, there’s only one thing for it: an experience. Surprising, unique and oh so memorable – you’re guaranteed to win the much coveted title of ‘best gift giver’ with this one.
So get ready to feel pretty smug, because we’ve put together a collection of our favourite experiences. From our Terrarium Design School to the foodie fares of London’s East End, we’ve got something to please even the trickiest of recipients.
1. We all know how to eat the perfect macaron (all in one go) but now it’s time to learn how to make the perfect macaron. During this class you’ll make two different flavoured pastries and two delicious ganaches – we’re sure there’ll be lots of time for tasting too.
2. At our Vintage Scent Session, you’ll be treated to a sensory trip into the history of perfume. Over Prosecco and cakes from the wonderful Konditor & Cook, you’ll be taken on a tour of the fragrances of the past.
3. Leave awkward shuffling and dad dancing behind and learn the moves and grooves of swing dance. You’ll get to grips with three of the fastest, most furious and undeniably most fun dances we’ve ever seen during this four-hour invigorating class.
4. An afternoon of gin tasting and a tour of the Sipsmith distillery? It sounds like Willy Wonka for grown-ups if you ask us. The experience even includes a bottle of Sipsmith’s award-winning London Dry gin.
5. Perfect for the more green-fingered among you, our Terrarium Design School experience teaches you how to design, plant and sustain a beautiful terrarium. Not only will you learn an invaluable skill (Christmas gifts sorted for the next five years) you’ll leave with your very own miniature, low-maintenance and on-trend biosphere.
6. Why buy a new pair of shoes, when you can make your own ballet pumps? Not only will our workshop leave you suitably well shod, but also with the knowledge and experience to make pumps from home time and time again (think of all those shoes).
7. Watch out Delia. With our hands-on five hour cookery class, you’ll leave our tutorial a master of Moroccan, Spanish, Thai, Vietnamese, Southern Indian or Italian cookery. Just another excuse for a dinner party.
8. A great day out for any gourmet, they’ll love this gastronomical tour of the East End. Together, you can discover the history of street food from the East End of London. There are plenty of opportunities to test out the local delicacies too.
9. Make sure you’re top of the game with our ultimate table tennis masterclass. You’ll learn the basics of the game – how to serve, place and direct the ball – as well as how to chop, smash and destroy your opponent (in a moderately friendly way). If you already consider yourself a bit of a pro then our teacher, Olav, will make sure you up your game.
10. Let out your inner musician, and learn blues guitar with The Stranglers’ ex-guitarist, John Ellis. Yes, that’s right – a real life guitar legend. Get to grips with hammer-ons, pull-offs, slides, whams and turnarounds, palm muting and chugging – and that’s just for starters.
Click here to discover more gift experiences.