Social Media Manager
ABOUT US AND WHY YOU’LL WANT TO WORK FOR US
Notonthehighstreet.com is one of the UK’s most high profile e-commerce businesses and has been changing the face of retailing online since 2006.
- The No.1 curated marketplace in the world and is continuing to experience explosive growth
- The definitive, award-winning online marketplace for original and inspiring products
- Supporting growth for the UK’s most creative small businesses and changing the lives of our sellers
- Offering customers the chance to source, create and own beautiful, out-of-the-ordinary things
- Supported by top VC’s which recognise and support our ambition
Our people are as unique as our products, and alongside a competitive salary we offer fantastic benefits including a bonus scheme and generous holiday allowance.
Based in London’s growing digital and e-commerce hub of Richmond-upon-Thames, aka ‘Silicon-upon-Thames’, we offer a dynamic and socially active environment.
WHAT WE NEED IN A NUTSHELL
We’re looking for a passionate, innovative Social Media Manager, who lives and breathes social, to join our growing digital marketing team. The successful candidate will set and lead our social strategy to drive the growth of our social media communities across all platforms. We need someone who thinks big and is bursting with ideas of how we take our social activity to the next level. In this role, you’ll create a strategy that will make notonthehighstreet.com lead the way in social media.
WHAT THE ROLE ENTAILS
Reporting into the Head of Digital Marketing, you will be responsible for the strategy and content across all our owned social media channels in order to communicate the brand proposition and drive growth and engagement across all platforms. Working with the wider team, you will plan and implement all social campaign strategies for key marketing initiatives and seasonal events throughout the year. Managing a Social Media Assistant, you will oversee content creation and day to day channel management across Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, YouTube, Vine and Google+. You will also be responsible for the company blog, shaping the strategy for how we use the blog to inspire and engage our customers.
THE TYPE OF PERSON WE ARE LOOKING FOR
You’ll be truly passionate about social media – you will live and breathe social and are always up to speed with the changing landscape and new developments and platforms. You’ll need to be truly social media savvy with a solid understanding of the culture of each social platform and how to interact with our customers in an engaging and relevant way. Social media provides us with an opportunity to express the personality of the brand in a unique way, this role is crucial in allowing our business to drive conversation with our fans and followers through confident use of our tone of voice in line with our brand proposition.
THE KEY SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE NEED
- Strong previous experience in social media, agency or client side, preferably working with ecommerce brands
- Active social media fan with in-depth understanding of key social platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube. Google plus etc)
- Exceptional copywriting skills and blogging experience
- Highly organised with experience of managing multiple projects
- Confident verbal communication skills and experience of managing stakeholders at all levels of a business
- Line management experience and the ability to lead and motivate a team
IF THIS IS THE RIGHT FIT FOR YOU, APPLY NOW!
We’d love to hear about what you can do for us and how you can add value to our people and our business. Please send us a covering letter, your CV and an indication of the salary you desire to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have examples of any specific social campaigns that you have worked on which may support your application please also feel free to include these to help capture our attention!