Senior DevOps Engineer
ABOUT US AND WHY YOU’LL WANT TO WORK FOR US
Notonthehighstreet.com is one of the UK’s most high profile e-commerce businesses and has been changing the face of retailing online since 2006.
- The No.1 curated marketplace in the world and is continuing to experience explosive growth
- The definitive, award-winning online marketplace for original and inspiring products
- Supporting growth for the UK’s most creative small businesses and changing the lives of our sellers
- Offering customers the chance to source, create and own beautiful, out-of-the-ordinary things
- Supported by top VC’s which recognise and support our ambition
Our people are as unique as our products, and alongside a competitive salary we offer fantastic benefits including a bonus scheme and generous holiday allowance.
Based in London’s growing digital and e-commerce hub of Richmond-upon-Thames, aka ‘Silicon-upon-Thames’, we offer a dynamic and socially active environment.
WHAT WE NEED IN A NUTSHELL
Notonthehighstreet DevOps team is looking for a talented DevOps engineer to work in a stimulating and agile environment with like-minded professionals to design, implement and scale our platform and support our global ambitions.
WHAT THE ROLE ENTAILS
You will work in our engineering DevOps team in an agile fashion to design, implement and scale the High Availability systems supporting our platform using cutting edge technologies and the latest software development, automation and deployment practices.
You will collaborate closely with our development team to ensure our applications and services are interacting efficiently with the infrastructure it runs on, bridge the knowledge gap between operations and development and help us communicate back performance and application metrics back to the business.
The function of our team being very versatile, you will also have other opportunities to bring our DevOps practices in other domains like development/staging environments, continuous integration server, servers and network security, and monitoring products.
THE TYPE OF PERSON WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Becoming part of a diverse technical team, it’s essential that you have excellent communication skills, are well organised, detailed and accurate, can work quickly to tight deadlines and have the ability to work with junior or non-technical members of the wider notonthehighstreet.com team.
You understand the challenges scaling web systems on cloud and virtualised environments and care deeply about automation, continuous delivery and monitoring.
THE KEY SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE NEED
- Strong communication skills, both technically & non-technically.
- Desire to work closely with the business, learn new things and teach others.
- Previous Ecommerce experience would be beneficial.
- Strong Linux administrator skills.
- A previous working experience with object orientated programming languages like Ruby, Java or Python will be a strong advantage.
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Puppet, Chef or Salt-Stack.
- Hands on experience with cloud technologies (AWS/Rackspace/Openstack) or alternatively virtualization technologies (Xen/KVM) at a large scale.
- Any experience with DevOps tools like Graphite, Statsd, Collectd, LogStash and Vagrant.
- Working knowledge of load-balanced and highly available setups.
- Practical knowledge of BigIP F5s, HAProxy, Varnish.
- Working knowledge of relational and NoSQL databases; knowing MySQL is recommended, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis are a plus.
- You’ll need a technical background, with a strong Computer Science, Software Engineering or similar degree
IF THIS IS THE RIGHT FIT FOR YOU, APPLY NOW!
We’d love to hear about what you can do for us and how you can add value to our people and our business.
Please send us a covering letter to wow us, your CV and an indication of the salary you desire to: firstname.lastname@example.org.