ABOUT US AND WHY YOU’LL WANT TO WORK FOR US
Notonthehighstreet.com is one of the UK’s most high profile e-commerce businesses and has been changing the face of retailing online since 2006.
- The No.1 curated marketplace in the world and is continuing to experience explosive growth
- The definitive, award-winning online marketplace for original and inspiring products
- Supporting growth for the UK’s most creative small businesses and changing the lives of our sellers
- Offering customers the chance to source, create and own beautiful, out-of-the-ordinary things
- Supported by top VC’s which recognise and support our ambition
Our people are as unique as our products, and alongside a competitive salary we offer fantastic benefits including a bonus scheme and generous holiday allowance.
Based in London’s growing digital and e-commerce hub of Richmond-upon-Thames, aka ‘Silicon-upon-Thames’, we offer a dynamic and socially active environment.
WHAT WE NEED IN A NUTSHELL
We’re looking for a number of experienced Ruby developers at a range of levels to work as part of our technical team at notonthehighstreet.com in Richmond. As a developer, you will work closely with a cross-functional team composed of technical, creative, business development, user experience and marketing professionals.
WHAT THE ROLE ENTAILS
Reporting into the Technical Manager in the Development team, some of the things you will get involved in are:
- Writing, testing and maintaining quality Ruby code
- Working with a small, cross-functional team to deliver business value
- Helping to maintain and improve our best practices
- Providing support for other team members through code review and pairing
THE TYPE OF PERSON WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Becoming part of a diverse team, it’s essential that you have excellent communication skills (fluent English is a must), are well organised, detailed and accurate, can work quickly to tight deadlines and have the ability to work with junior or non-technical members of the wider notonthehighstreet.com team.
THE KEY SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE NEED
- Strong communication skills, both technically and non-technically
- Keen software engineering approach and very good object-oriented design ability
- Desire to work closely with the business, learn new things and teach others
- Ability to take ownership of a project or issue, analyse it and solve problems not faced before
- Mobile web and/or native development
- TDD and object-oriented design skills
- Experience with agile development methodologies
- Champion of modern development practices and tools, eg Continuous Delivery with Jenkins, Source Control with Git, BDD with Cucumber
- Previous e-commerce experience would also be beneficial
- Website and user experience design awareness would be an advantage
- You’ll need a technical background, with a strong Computer Science, Software Engineering or similar degree.
In return, we offer you a dynamic, fast moving, rapidly growing environment, where we value creativity and innovation, technical excellence and responsibility/ownership. You’ll work on a variety of projects on our award-winning site, to help build customer reach and engagement, for example internationalisation, mobile sites and partner tools.
IF THIS IS THE RIGHT FIT FOR YOU, APPLY NOW!
We’d love to hear about what you can do for us and how you can add value to our people and our business.
Please send us a covering letter to wow us, your CV and an indication of the salary you desire to: firstname.lastname@example.org.