Reporting to: Head of Development / Technical Lead
Location: Richmond, London
We’re looking for a number of experienced Ruby developers at a range of levels to work as part of our technical team at notonthehighstreet.com in Richmond. As a developer, you will work closely with a cross-functional team composed of technical, creative, business development, user experience and marketing professionals.
Becoming part of a diverse team, it’s essential that you have excellent communication skills (fluent English is a must), are well organised, detailed and accurate, can work quickly to tight deadlines and have the ability to work with junior or non-technical members of the wider notonthehighstreet.com team.
In return, we offer you a dynamic, fast moving, rapidly growing environment, where we value creativity and innovation, technical excellence and responsibility/ownership. You’ll work on a variety of projects on our award-winning site, to help build customer reach and engagement, for example internationalisation, mobile sites and partner tools.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Strong communication skills, both technically and non-technically
- Keen software engineering approach and very good object-oriented design ability
- Desire to work closely with the business, learn new things and teach others
- Ability to take ownership of a project or issue, analyse it and solve problems not faced before
- Mobile web and/or native development
- TDD and object-oriented design skills
- Experience with agile development methodologies
- Champion of modern development practices and tools, eg Continuous Delivery with Jenkins, Source Control with Git, BDD with Cucumber
- Previous e-commerce experience would also be beneficial
- Website and user experience design awareness would be an advantage
- You’ll need a technical background, with a strong Computer Science, Software Engineering or similar degree.
If you think you can make a difference to our sellers, our customers and our company, we’d love to hear from you. Please send your CV, along with a covering letter and an indication of the salary you’re looking for to firstname.lastname@example.org.