QA/Test Engineering Lead
Reporting to: Head of Development / Technical Lead
Location: Richmond, London
We’re looking for an experienced QA/Test Engineer/Lead to work as part of our technical team at notonthehighstreet.com in Richmond. London. In this role, you will work closely with a cross-functional team composed of technical, creative, business development, user-experience and marketing professionals.
The successful candidate will have strong quality assurance and test engineering experience in an agile environment, and will work within the engineering team taking responsibility for defining and leading QA/test activities. You’ll need an understanding of web systems based on Ruby and Rails, and will probably come from an e-commerce background. This is a new and important position, so you’ll have the opportunity to define, shape and grow the role, and carve out a niche for yourself in a rapidly growing company.
You will be responsible for test management of iterative product development using agile testing practices. This includes the following:
- Leadership, co-ordination, coaching and mentoring of a small test team
- Involvement in resource planning, project prioritisation and scheduling processes
- Improving and enhancing our agile test processes and frameworks, drawing on your own experiences and those of the team
- Maintaining a close relationship with the development team to ensure effective testing
- Creation, monitoring and communication of quality and test metrics to both internal and external stake holders
- Advocacy, development and support of automated acceptance tests for all test requirements
- Analysis of project requirements for review and test case identification
- Design and execution of functional and non-functional tests – note that this is a hands-on role.
Becoming part of a diverse team, it’s essential that you have excellent communication skills (fluent English is a must), are well organised, detailed and accurate, can work quickly to tight deadlines and have the ability to work with junior or non-technical members of the wider notonthehighstreet.com team.
In return, we offer you a dynamic, fast moving, rapidly growing environment, where we value creativity and innovation, technical excellence and responsibility/ownership. You’ll work closely with the development team on a variety of projects on our award-winning site, helping to maintain the reliability and performance of our site.
Desired skills and experience
- Clear understanding and practical hands-on experience of test automation techniques, limitations and use as applied to agile environments and large scale web applications
- Experienced in driving quality assurance and test activities and improving practice
- Experience of analysing user needs and requirements to identify and define project test plans and functional and non-functional test cases
- Performance testing experience with particular attention to system resource utilisation and message latency
- ISEB Qualifications would be an advantage
- Experience of creating and managing automated acceptance test frameworks
- Previous development skills, particularly using Ruby/Rails is an advantage
- Tool set experience including:
- Fault Tracking System: Jira, Lighthouse
- Development Framework: Ruby on Rails
- Version control: Git, Github
- Test automation: RSpec, Cucumber
- You’ll need a technical background, with a strong Computer Science, Software Engineering or similar degree.
If you think you have the required skills and experience to make a difference to our business, please get in touch with us at email@example.com, with a covering note, your CV and an indication of your salary expectations.