Public Relations Manager
Reporting to: PR Consultant
Location: Richmond, London
We’re looking for a dynamic, talented, highly experienced PR Manager who will be responsible for devising and implementing an innovative PR strategy for a fast-growing business.
You’re a self-starter, with a passion for PR and the ability to hit the ground running. Creatively inspired, you’ll be in your element devising ideas for PR activity that deliver real results, taking the company from the gift sections to the news pages.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced PR professional – either agency-side or in-house – to step into a fast-paced, entrepreneur-led business and make their mark.
- Leading a three-strong team, you’ll look after consumer and partner PR, as well as social media. You’ll develop annual PR plans, with a strong focus on delivering creative consumer campaigns to support our business and marketing objectives. You’ll also take the lead in creating interesting story angles, identifying opportunities (both within the business and outside it), and bringing in agencies to support key projects and seasonal events.
- Day-to-day, you’ll be responsible for all media relations and press office activity, as well as press releases, features, blogs and award entries (working with our copy team), managing internal announcements, directing PR agency activity, and proactively engaging the business in strategically-driven, measurable PR, delivered to budget.
- Reporting to a PR head, the role spans the full breadth of PR disciplines – corporate communications, internal communications, sponsorship/ awards and company events.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Extensive PR experience with some gained as a manager
- Experience and interest in developing and motivating more junior team members
- Hands-on experience managing budgets and leading a team
- Confidence demonstrating PR success through sophisticated measurement and evaluation (not just AVEs)
- Substantial big brand (ideally retail/FMCG) communications experience
- A bulging media contacts book
If you think you can make a difference to our business, we’d love to hear from you. Please send your CV, with a covering letter, and an indication of the salary you’re looking for, to: firstname.lastname@example.org.