Reporting to: Product Development Co-ordinator
Department: New Ventures
Location: Richmond, London
What We Need
We’re looking for a Product Development Executive to join our busy New Ventures team. The Product Development Executive will be responsible for supporting the ongoing product selection expansion by identifying new trends and selection gaps. They must be passionate about products and it is critical that they have a keen eye for trends and new opportunities and a high level of commercial awareness. They will be working collaboratively with the Category Merchandisers and Account Managers, continually monitoring all briefed product developments and making sure they are completed to the requisite high standard.
What You’ll Do
- Support the product selection expansion cycle and range review process to ensure the continuous development of the product selection – maintaining high quality standards and a broad range of products at all times.
- Work collaboratively with the Category Merchandisers to develop an efficient and effective range review process
- Identify new product development ideas for our partners on a continual basis and effectively communicating all development details to the Account Managers. This includes managing these processes through to the final development stages
- Be passionate about products and have a keen eye for emerging trends – striving to be ahead of our competitors when seeking new and exciting potential product opportunities
- Identify new business opportunities through internal and external data sources, trend analysis and intuition
- Report to and support the Product Development Co-ordinator by helping to identify measures of success for tracking and monitoring the progress of the product selection expansion
- Completing and maintaining an ongoing report of our competitors
- Attending shows, fairs and events to spot new products, trends and new product opportunities
- Assisting with other projects within the New Ventures team as required
What You’ll Bring
- A keen eye for trends and new product opportunities
- Ability to implement analysis findings in a business and commercial context to drive customer and business benefits
- Must be able to balance multiple priorities and have a commitment to meticulous documentation
- Have strength of character and ability to communicate with the management team
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Committed to producing high quality results within strict deadlines, and focused on the achievement of team goals
- Highly organised and detail orientated
- Educated to degree level or equivalent with a keen interest in design and products.
You should be excited about all of the new, little ideas relating to products and trends. You will love identifying new growth areas and trends and working with relevant teams on how to present these commercially on the site, through our partners and their products.
Who You’ll Work With
You will be working in the Product Development team that sits within the New Ventures Team. The New Ventures area focuses on and supports the development of new products and the future vision of the site. You will be reporting to the Product Development Co-ordinator, assisting with the continued expansion of products on the site and the identifying new growth areas.
If you think you have the required skills and experience to make a difference to our business, please get in touch with us at email@example.com, with a covering note, your CV and an indication of your salary expectations.