ABOUT US AND WHY YOU’LL WANT TO WORK FOR US
Notonthehighstreet.com is one of the UK’s most high profile e-commerce businesses and has been changing the face of retailing online since 2006.
- The No.1 curated marketplace in the world and is continuing to experience explosive growth
- The definitive, award-winning online marketplace for original and inspiring products
- Supporting growth for the UK’s most creative small businesses and changing the lives of our sellers
- Offering customers the chance to source, create and own beautiful, out-of-the-ordinary things
- Supported by top VC’s which recognise and support our ambition
Our people are as unique as our products, and alongside a competitive salary we offer fantastic benefits.
Based in London’s growing digital and e-commerce hub of Richmond-upon-Thames, aka ‘Silicon-upon-Thames’, we offer a dynamic and socially active environment. We have also recently opened our brand new office in Berlin, and with our sights set on International growth, there couldn’t be a more exciting time to join us!
WHAT WE NEED IN A NUTSHELL
An inspirational People Manager, who intuitively understands how to bring a dynamic People Agenda to life within a creative, entrepreneurial environment. You’ll know just how to make our staff journey ‘less ordinary’, continuously thinking about new ways to make sure notonthehighstreet.com continues to be an amazing place to work.
WHAT THE ROLE ENTAILS
The People Team is a growing and evolving team, headed up by a Chief People Officer and supported by 2 Recruiters. As People Manager, you will manage a People Assistant and an Office Assistant to look after all areas of generalist HR including:-
- Business partnering across all areas ensuring that our People strategy facilitates our business needs
- Delivering coaching and support to line managers around employee relations including maternity, paternity, absence, equal opps,, disciplinary and grievance etc.
- Managing and developing our employee perks and benefits including payroll and implementing new benefits when needed
- Supporting all learning and development across the business, ensuring all members of staff are trained to the highest standards in line with company values and culture
- Taking our exciting and engaging induction programme for all new hires to even higher levels
- Organisational Design support so that progression and career planning across the business ensures retention and development of our talent
- Continual upkeep of all HR employee policies in line with changing legislation
- Managing and developing our People Team Assistant
THE TYPE OF PERSON WE ARE LOOKING FOR
You will thrive in a creative environment relish the opportunity to get stuck in and create from scratch in this role. You will have amazing ideas and a vision about how to implement HR in a more people focussed and business driving style. You’ll be a ‘do-er’, well organised and enthusiastic, getting stuck in and a true ‘people person’ and genuinely love helping our people be the absolute best they can be.
THE KEY SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE NEED
- You will have an amazing track record in generalist HR roles gained within fast paced environments such as Ecommerce, Media or Retail
- You will have experience within a company that is growing quickly and that you have been able to bring in new policies/processes from scratch in a way that suits the business culture
- Demonstrable previous experience in managing a wide range of employee relations issues
- Strong reward experience and ideally previous experience of implementing new benefits or pension schemes
- International HR experience is a huge advantage
- You will have a natural business partnering approach, and will show us how you build strong credible relationships with the business
- CIPD qualified or equivalent – you’ll know employment law inside out!
- Previous people management experience – you’ll love putting your HR skills into practice by mentoring and developing a team
IF THIS IS THE RIGHT FIT FOR YOU, APPLY NOW!
We’d love to hear about what you can do for us and how you can add value to our people and our business.
Please send us a covering letter to wow us, your CV and an indication of the salary you desire to: firstname.lastname@example.org.