New Business Executive
ABOUT US AND WHY YOU’LL WANT TO WORK FOR US
Notonthehighstreet.com is one of the UK’s most high profile e-commerce businesses and has been changing the face of retailing online since 2006.
- The No.1 curated marketplace in the world and is continuing to experience explosive growth
- The definitive, award-winning online marketplace for original and inspiring products
- Supporting growth for the UK’s most creative small businesses and changing the lives of our sellers
- Offering customers the chance to source, create and own beautiful, out-of-the-ordinary things
- Supported by top VC’s which recognise and support our ambition
Our people are as unique as our products, and alongside a competitive salary we offer fantastic benefits including a bonus scheme and generous holiday allowance.
Based in London’s growing digital and e-commerce hub of Richmond-upon-Thames, aka ‘Silicon-upon-Thames’, we offer a dynamic and socially active environment.
WHAT WE NEED IN A NUTSHELL
We’re looking for a New Business Executive to join our busy Commercial team within the Development category (including stationery, food & drink, toys & games and baby care departments). Working exclusively with potential new sellers, you will be part of a fast-paced, yet friendly and supportive team environment, inviting new businesses to join our site. Your passion for supporting and growing small businesses, coupled with your drive and determination to recruit the cream of the UK and Ireland’s design talent will help to grow our Partner base and drive sales.
WHAT THE ROLE ENTAILS
Reporting to the Development Category Manager and working alongside the New Business Executives from the other categories, you will thrive in a team environment, working closely with three other immediate category colleagues, including an Account Manager and a Merchandiser.
Some of the things you will be involved in will be:-
- Using your persuasive and informative customer service skills, you will manage and drive Partner acquisition for the Development category
- By working with the category Merchandiser to identify range expansion opportunities within the market, you will increase targeted product selection from new Partners
- Recognise optimal Partner growth opportunities and generate potential new Partners for your category by sourcing small-business leads
- Be the voice of notonthehighstreet.com to new Partners – effectively communicating the benefits of joining our community by varying the approach according to the audience
- Keeping a close eye on the figures, you will monitor, analyse and report on Partner and product growth within your category, ensuring continued development of the range and the breadth of products on offer
- Take ownership of and meet Partner recruitment/product selection KPIs for your category
THE TYPE OF PERSON WE ARE LOOKING FOR
This role would suit an outgoing, service-oriented individual with the creative nuance to spot what will be the next best-selling product on notonthehighstreet.com! You will be driven and passionate about what you do, and will use your natural judgement skills when selecting the best new businesses to join us.
THE KEY SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE NEED
- Previous experience of product and/or Partner sourcing within relevant market(s), possibly through a previous role as a buyer, prop/set sourcer or other new business role
- Confidence in liaising with a wide range of people, ideally from experience working in a sales-orientated role
- An understanding of the challenges and opportunities that face small businesses in today’s retail climate
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, particularly on the telephone
- Ability to balance multiple priorities with a well-organised approach and attention to detail. It is essential that you are also target-driven.
- Committed to producing high quality results with strict deadlines and a consistent focus on the achievement of the team’s goals
- Previous experience of working within an e-commerce environment is desirable
- Willingness to travel throughout the UK to source new leads, as necessary.
IF THIS IS THE RIGHT FIT FOR YOU, APPLY NOW!
We’d love to hear about what you can do for us and how you can add value to our people and our business.
Please send us a covering letter to wow us, your CV and an indication of the salary you desire to: firstname.lastname@example.org.