New Business and Sales Executive
ABOUT US AND WHY YOU’LL WANT TO WORK FOR US
Notonthehighstreet.com is one of the UK’s most high profile e-commerce businesses and has been changing the face of retailing online since 2006.
- The No.1 curated marketplace in the world and is continuing to experience explosive growth
- The definitive, award-winning online marketplace for original and inspiring products
- Supporting growth for the UK’s most creative small businesses and changing the lives of our sellers
- Offering customers the chance to source, create and own beautiful, out-of-the-ordinary things
- Supported by top VC’s which recognise and support our ambition
Our people are as unique as our products, and alongside a competitive salary we offer fantastic benefits including a bonus scheme and generous holiday allowance.
Based in London’s growing digital and e-commerce hub of Richmond-upon-Thames, aka ‘Silicon-upon-Thames’, we offer a dynamic and socially active environment.
WHAT WE NEED IN A NUTSHELL
We’re looking for a New Business and Sales Executive to join our growing Business Development team, responsible for building new categories of notonthehighstreet.com. This is a small entrepreneurial team that work alongside product development, the commercial team and the CEO to drive the continued growth of notonthehighstreet.com.
Focusing on our new experiences category you will identify and recruit the best small businesses to sell with us, driving selection in this new area to support launch and subsequent marketing campaigns to drive sales.
WHAT THE ROLE ENTAILS
Reporting to the Business Development and Strategy Manager and working closely with the Business Development Coordinator, you will bring dedicated support to help us launch and build our offering in the experiences market, a new category for notonthehighstreet.com in 2014.
Some of the things you will be involved in will be:-
- Translating our vision and strategy for the experiences category into lead development, you will identify and prioritise new leads to build out the breadth and depth of our selection across experience types.
- Representing the voice of notonthehighstreet.com, you will introduce our brand and vision to small businesses in the experiences market.
- Using your persuasive and informative sales skills, you will manage and drive Partner acquisition for the experiences category, effectively communicating the benefits of joining our community by varying the approach according to the audience.
- Working with the Business Development Coordinator to identify range expansion opportunities within the market, you will build out selection breadth and depth across experiences types, aligning this with relevant marketing campaigns.
- Keeping a close eye on the figures, you will monitor, analyse and report on Partner and product growth within your category, ensuring continued development of the range and the breadth of products on offer
- Take ownership of and meet Partner recruitment/product selection KPIs for your category
THE TYPE OF PERSON WE ARE LOOKING FOR
This role would suit an outgoing, service-oriented individual with the creative nuance to spot what will become a best-selling experience on notonthehighstreet.com! You will be driven and passionate about what you do, and will use your natural judgement skills when selecting the best new businesses to join us.
Working within the business development team you will also have vision to support the development of a brand new offering for notonthehighstreet.com, and an entrepreneurial mind set to spot opportunities for partnerships, exclusive relationships and new ways of working as we expand in the experiences market.
THE KEY SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE NEED
- Presence and energy in representing the notonthehighstreet.come brand to potential new sellers and in communicating our vision to a new market.
- Confidence and persuasive skills liaising with a wide range of people, ideally from experience working in a sales-orientated role
- Previous experience of product and/or Partner sourcing within relevant market(s), possibly through a previous role as a buyer, prop/set sourcer or other new business role.
- An understanding of the challenges and opportunities that face small businesses in today’s retail climate
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, particularly on the telephone
- Ability to balance multiple priorities with a well-organised approach and attention to detail. It is essential that you are also target-driven.
- Committed to producing high quality results with strict deadlines and a consistent focus on the achievement of the team’s goals
- Previous experience of working within an e-commerce environment is desirable
- Willingness to travel throughout the UK to source new leads, as necessary
IF THIS IS THE RIGHT FIT FOR YOU, APPLY NOW!
We’d love to hear about what you can do for us and how you can add value to our people and our business. Please send us a covering letter to wow us, your CV and an indication of the salary you desire to: firstname.lastname@example.org.