Merchandising Optimisation Manager
ABOUT US AND WHY YOU’LL WANT TO WORK FOR US
Notonthehighstreet.com is one of the UK’s most high profile e-commerce businesses and has been changing the face of retailing online since 2006.
- The No.1 curated marketplace in the world and is continuing to experience explosive growth
- The definitive, award-winning online marketplace for original and inspiring products
- Supporting growth for the UK’s most creative small businesses and changing the lives of our sellers
- Offering customers the chance to source, create and own beautiful, out-of-the-ordinary things
- Supported by top VC’s which recognise and support our ambition
Our people are as unique as our products, and alongside a competitive salary we offer fantastic benefits including a bonus scheme and generous holiday allowance.
Based in London’s growing digital and e-commerce hub of Richmond-upon-Thames, aka ‘Silicon-upon-Thames’, we offer a dynamic and socially active environment.
WHAT WE NEED IN A NUTSHELL
We are looking for an experienced Merchandiser with strong site optimisation knowledge to help shape the future of the notonthehighstreet.com website. In this newly created role, you’ll be working with our Merchandisers, Category Managers and Technical/Product Development teams, acting as the lynchpin that brings together all site improvement requests from a merchandising perspective and driving changes forward, helping our customers to live a life less ordinary along the way.
WHAT THE ROLE ENTAILS
Sitting within the Commercial team, and reporting into the Cross Site Manager you will be responsible for optimising the navigation and the merchandised areas of our site. You will work closely with the Product/Technical teams to build a schedule of ongoing optimisation and testing.
Some of the key things within your remit will include:-
- Navigation and planning of seasonal departments
- Optimised structure of non-seasonal departments, reviewing and prioritising recommendations from our Category teams
- Site structure and department planning to support our international expansion
- Insightful competitor analysis
- Collaborative working with Product & Tech teams
- Setting KPIs for recommended changes and tracking performance against them
THE TYPE OF PERSON WE ARE LOOKING FOR
You have a blended approach to decision making – you value the power of data but are also comfortable testing ideas based on your instincts. Understanding customer interaction with a website drives you and you relish using that knowledge to improve key metrics for the business. You have an ability to step back and look at the bigger picture to predict future requirements but are also comfortable looking at detail and the impact small changes can have on performance. You are able to assess the pros and cons of proposed changes quickly and efficiently, and your great communication and relationship skills allow you to easily and constructively feedback priorities to stakeholders in the business.
THE KEY SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE NEED
- A strong track record in merchandising and ecommerce site optimisation
- Previous experience testing, learning and improving site performance
- A love and natural aptitude for numbers and google analytics
- Highly organised and unflappable in a fast paced environment
- A naturally collaborative style and able to build relationships effectively across the business
IF THIS IS THE RIGHT FIT FOR YOU, APPLY NOW!
We’d love to hear about what you can do for us and how you can add value to our people and our business.
Please send us a covering letter to wow us, your CV and an indication of the salary you desire to: firstname.lastname@example.org.