ABOUT US AND WHY YOU’LL WANT TO WORK FOR US
Notonthehighstreet.com is one of the UK’s most high profile e-commerce businesses and has been changing the face of retailing online since 2006.
- The No.1 curated marketplace in the world and is continuing to experience explosive growth
- The definitive, award-winning online marketplace for original and inspiring products
- Supporting growth for the UK’s most creative small businesses and changing the lives of our sellers
- Offering customers the chance to source, create and own beautiful, out-of-the-ordinary things
- Supported by top VC’s which recognise and support our ambition
Our people are as unique as our products, and alongside a competitive salary we offer fantastic benefits including a bonus scheme and generous holiday allowance.
Based in London’s growing digital and e-commerce hub of Richmond-upon-Thames, aka ‘Silicon-upon-Thames’, we offer a dynamic and socially active environment.
WHAT WE NEED IN A NUTSHELL
We are looking for exceptional front-end developers to work as part of our technical team at notonthehighstreet.com in Richmond on cross-platform web initiatives delivering to desktop, tablet, mobile and social platforms. The challenge is to help us develop the next generation browser-based user experience that will be seen by hundreds of thousands of customers every day. As a developer, you will work closely with a cross-functional team composed of technical, creative, business development, UX and marketing professionals. You’ll be working in a fast-paced, forward-thinking collaborative team environment.
WHAT THE ROLE ENTAILS
Reporting into the Technical Manager in the Development team, some of the things you will get involved in are:
- Writing, testing and maintaining quality front-end code
- Actively working to build and introduce best practices and technical changes to benefit the team and business
- Working with a small, cross-functional team to deliver business value
- Helping to maintain and improve our best practices
- Collaboratively working with other team members to build a product that changes peoples lives
THE TYPE OF PERSON WE ARE LOOKING FOR
You’re passionate about development and front-end technologies, proud of what you do and interested in advancing your skills and those of your team. You’re able to work both independently and collaboratively with different team members on projects and can balance technology decisions and best practices with wider business judgement and delivery. You desire to work closely with the business, learn new things and teach others.
In return, we offer you a dynamic, fast moving, rapidly growing environment, where we value creativity and innovation, technical excellence and responsibility/ownership. You’ll work on a variety of projects on our award-winning site, to help build customer reach and engagement.
THE KEY SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE NEED
- Strong communication skills, both technically and non-technically
- Strong knowledge of libraries and frameworks such as Backbone.js, Underscore.js, RequireJS, Node.js, PhantomJS, jQuery, Jasmine and ExtJS
- LESS/SASS and RWD experience would be an advantage as would be Ruby on Rails experience
- Champion of modern development practices and tools, eg Continuous Delivery, DVCS such as GIT, TDD
- Experience with agile development methodologies
- Desire to work closely with the business, learn new things and teach others
- Ability to take ownership of a project or issue, analyse it and solve problems not faced before
- You’ll need a technical background, with a strong Computer Science, Software Engineering or similar degree.
- Experience working with Git (or an alternative DVCS).
- Previous e-commerce experience would also be beneficial
IF THIS IS THE RIGHT FIT FOR YOU, APPLY NOW!
We’d love to hear about what you can do for us and how you can add value to our people and our business.
A GitHub profile and contributions to open-source development is a bonus and highly valued. Please send us a covering letter to wow us, your CV and an indication of the salary you desire to: firstname.lastname@example.org.