ABOUT US AND WHY YOU’LL WANT TO WORK FOR US
Notonthehighstreet.com is one of the UK’s most high profile e-commerce businesses and has been changing the face of retailing online since 2006.
- The No.1 curated marketplace in the world and is continuing to experience explosive growth
- The definitive, award-winning online marketplace for original and inspiring products
- Supporting growth for the UK’s most creative small businesses and changing the lives of our sellers
- Offering customers the chance to source, create and own beautiful, out-of-the-ordinary things
- Supported by top VC’s which recognise and support our ambition
Our people are as unique as our products, and alongside a competitive salary we offer fantastic benefits including a bonus scheme and generous holiday allowance.
Based in London’s growing digital and e-commerce hub of Richmond-upon-Thames, aka ‘Silicon-upon-Thames’, we offer a dynamic and socially active environment.
WHAT WE NEED IN A NUTSHELL
We’re looking for an IT Support Engineer that has the desire to tackle new challenges and technologies.
This is a broadrange scope role where you will deal with everything from Software to hardware, from networks to scripting.
You will have the close contact with the user base and will have to deal with a wide variety of critical business systems.
We offer an exciting Tech enviorment where you will work on the lastest technologies and work alongside one of the best Development Teams in the country.
WHAT THE ROLE ENTAILS
- Installing new hardware and software for desktops, laptops (Windows, Mac and Linux)
- IT Support to all platforms (Windows, Mac, Linux)
- Diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues
- Participate in the design of the IT strategy
- Track and route problems and requests and document resolutions
- Stay current with system information, changes and updates
- Participate in IT Infrastructure projects
- Network Support
- User Support
THE TECH SKILLS
- At least 2 to 3 years of previous experience of supporting the infrastructure of a retail or commercial business
- Strong Knownledge of Windows Os servers and Workstations
- Active Directory 2003/2008 (including group policy, replication and backup)
- Experiencie in Linux Systems.
- Some experiencie in Mac Systems.
- Network experience (Routing, Switching, Firewall, Patching and troubleshoot)
- Experience with storage technologies: NAS/SAN
- knowledge of network services SMTP, FTP, DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP
- Experience working with Support Ticket Systems.
- Some knowledge of scripting / programming in any Power Shell or other language would be a plus
THE NON TECH SKILLS
- Strong communication skills, both technically & non-technically
- Desire to work closely with the business, learn new things and teach others
- Strong analytical abilities and professional office experience needed.
- Becoming part of a diverse team, it’s essential that you have excellent communication skills (fluent English is a must), are well organised, detailed and accurate, can work quickly to tight deadlines
- You’ll need a technical background, with a strong Computer Science, Software Engineering or similar Work Experience
- Passion for technology, enthusiastic about using new tools and implementing new projects.
IF THIS IS THE RIGHT FIT FOR YOU, APPLY NOW!
We’d love to hear about what you can do for us and how you can add value to our people and our business.
Please send us a covering letter to wow us, your CV and an indication of the salary you desire to: careers@notonthehighstreet