Reporting to: Head of Development
Location: Richmond, London
We’re looking for a practical, hands-on IT Manager who can take responsibility for the operation, administration and support of internal networks, servers, telephony, email and network security systems at notonthehighstreet.com in Richmond. Leading a small team in a busy environment, you will be in constant contact with the users of our systems, supporting all aspects of the internal IT infrastructure.
Becoming part of a diverse team, it’s essential that you have excellent communication skills (fluent English is a must), are well organised, detailed and accurate, can work quickly to tight deadlines and have the ability to work with junior or non-technical members of the wider notonthehighstreet.com team.
In return, we offer you a dynamic, fast moving, rapidly growing environment, where we value creativity and innovation, technical excellence and responsibility/ownership. You’ll be involved in specifying, selecting, implementing and operating a wide variety of critical business systems.
- Lead a small, but growing team of IT Support Engineers (2 at present) to deliver exceptional service and support to the business
- Take responsibility for the design, procurement, installation, upgrading, operation, control, maintenance and effective use of IT infrastructure components (including storage and communication of data, voice, text, audio and images)
- Respond to requests for technical assistance from internal users in person, via phone and electronically
- Monitor the performance of all internal systems
- Participate in the design of the IT strategy
- Identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention
- Provide technical management of the IT operation, ensuring that agreed service levels are met and all relevant procedures are adhered to
- Schedule and supervise all maintenance and installation work
- Ensure that operational problems are identified and resolved
- Provide appropriate status and other reports to specialists, users and managers
- Ensure that operational procedures and working practices are fit for purpose and current
Desired Skills & Experience
- Strong communication skills, both technically & non-technically
- Desire to work closely with the business, learn new things and teach others
- Strong analytical abilities and professional office experience needed.
- Experience of major networking components, network operating systems and basic computer hardware components
- Previous experience of supporting the infrastructure of a retail or commercial business
- Hands on knowledge of the procedures used in the installation, modification maintenance and repair of IT hardware and software.
- Experience of disaster recovery and business continuity
- Systems: Windows, MS Office, Cisco Systems, Mac OS X
- Networking: Switches, Routers, Routing protocols, Firewalls, LAN, WAN, TCP/IP, DNS, UDP, Latency, VoIP
- An in depth understanding of networking principles and mechanisms, experience within Windows Server 2008, Active Directory Group policies, DNS, Firewalls (Cisco), and experience with Google Apps
- You’ll need a technical background, with a strong Computer Science, Software Engineering or similar degree, or an equivalent industry qualification such as the following: Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician (MCDST) or/and (MSCA) Microsoft certified systems administrator or/and Cisco CCNA. Also ITIL (information technology infrastructure library) awareness or certified (training may be provided)
If you think you have the required skills and experience to make a difference to our business, please get in touch with us at email@example.com, with a covering note, your CV and an indication of your salary expectations.