Reporting to: Technical Lead
Location: Richmond, London
We are looking for exceptional front-end developers to work as part of our technical team at notonthehighstreet.com in Richmond on cross-platform web initiatives delivering to desktop, tablet, mobile and social platforms. The challenge is to help us develop the next generation browser-based user experience that will be seen by tens of thousands of customers every day. As a developer, you will work closely with a cross-functional team composed of technical, creative, business development, user-experience and marketing professionals.
Becoming part of a diverse team, it’s essential that you have excellent communication skills (fluent English is a must), are well organised, detailed and accurate, can work quickly to tight deadlines and have the ability to work with junior or non-technical members of the wider notonthehighstreet.com team.
In return, we offer you a dynamic, fast moving, rapidly growing environment, where we value creativity and innovation, technical excellence and responsibility/ownership. You’ll work on a variety of projects on our award-winning site, to help build customer reach and engagement, for example internationalisation, mobile sites and partner tools.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience developing responsive web applications for desktop, tablet and mobile platforms is essential
- Extensive experience developing in HTML5, CSS3 and LESS/SASS
- Extensive experience developing and working with a large scale environment and codebase
- Experience with full-stack development
- Excellent understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues
- Desire to work closely with the business, learn new things and teach others
- Ability to take ownership of a project or issue, analyse it and solve problems not faced before
- Experience developing against 3rd party, web-based APIs, including Facebook or other social network APIs
- A strong understanding of User Experience design principles and approaches
- Experience working with Git (or an alternative DVCS). A GitHub profile and contributions to open-source development is a bonus and highly valued.
- You’ll need a technical background, with a strong Computer Science, Software Engineering or similar degree.
If you think you can make a difference to our sellers, our customers and our company, we’d love to hear from you. Please send your CV and portfolio (URL) along with a covering letter and an indication of the salary you’re looking for to email@example.com.