Head of PR
ABOUT US AND WHY YOU’LL WANT TO WORK FOR US
Notonthehighstreet.com is one of the UK’s most high profile e-commerce businesses and has been changing the face of retailing online since 2006.
- The No.1 curated marketplace in the world and is continuing to experience explosive growth
- The definitive, award-winning online marketplace for original and inspiring products
- Supporting growth for the UK’s most creative small businesses and changing the lives of our sellers
- Offering customers the chance to source, create and own beautiful, out-of-the-ordinary products
- Supported by top VC’s which recognise and support our ambition
Our people are as unique as our products, and alongside a competitive salary we offer fantastic benefits including a bonus scheme and generous holiday allowance.
Based in London’s growing digital and e-commerce hub of Richmond-upon-Thames, aka ‘Silicon-upon-Thames’, we offer a dynamic and socially active environment.
WHAT WE NEED IN A NUTSHELL
We’re making the leap from transforming the retail market in the UK to Europe and beyond and we need a talented and inspirational Head of PR to drive our profile and messaging. Joining a fast-growing and entrepreneur-led online business, you will dazzle us with a world class PR strategic vision, firing up our company with your incisive delivery and help us keep smashing our business objectives. You will lead a four-strong in-house PR team consisting of a PR Manager, a Senior PR Executive and a PR Assistant.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a confident senior communications professional to step into a fast-paced, quickly growing business and make your own mark.
WHAT THE ROLE ENTAILS
As Head of PR, you will own delivery of PR (external and internal) across the full breadth of PR disciplines and bring your strategy to life by devising and implementing tactical activity
Your remit includes;
- Being ultimately responsible for all Notonthehighstreet.com’s media relations activity
- Directly managing all business and financial media outreach, placing business stories and arranging profile interviews for the CEO/other company leaders
- Taking an active role managing guest speaker/media interviews and other appearance requests on behalf of the CEO.
- Developing key messages, talking points, industry comment and crisis communications positioning materials for the wider business
- Proactively identifying and implementing opportunities for business sponsorship & charitable initiatives; media partnerships; and for awards entry campaigns in support of business objectives and brand positioning, working alongside Marketing.
- Taking a lead in employee communications and, working closely with HR, overseeing the development and implementation of internal communications strategy.
THE TYPE OF PERSON WE ARE LOOKING FOR
You have a passion for developing brands in an eye-catching and congruent fashion! You can spot a story from distance, devising creative perspectives and growth stories for customers and business journalists. You are a natural relationship builder and your adaptable interpersonal style and gravitas means that you have credibility and buy-in across all levels of the business. You have a clear idea and vision of where we need to be and your boundless energy and enthusiasm takes people with you along the way.
THE KEY SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE NEED
- Significant relevant PR experience in strong Consumer Brands, ideally gained in-house
- A vast amount of experience working with business press and a strong book of business journalist contacts/ previous exposure/knowledge of financial press would be beneficial
- A deep understanding and passion for the Notonthehighstreet.com brand
- Excellent team management skills and proven success leading PR & communications teams to deliver
- Ability to measure value of PR activity and show ROI
- Strong influence and strategic thinking, ability to challenge when needed
- Thrive in a fast paced, sometimes ambiguous environment and have the flexibility to adapt to change
IF THIS IS THE RIGHT FIT FOR YOU, APPLY NOW!
We’d love to hear about what you can do for us and how you can add value to our people and our business.
To apply for this role, please send us a covering letter to wow us, your CV and an indication of the salary you desire to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: the closing date for applications will be Friday 14th March. We will be in touch with all candidates within 2 weeks of the closing date once we’ve had a good read through all applications.