Head of Finance
ABOUT US AND WHY YOU’LL WANT TO WORK FOR US
Notonthehighstreet.com is one of the UK’s most high profile e-commerce businesses and has been changing the face of retailing online since 2006.
- The No.1 curated marketplace in the world and is continuing to experience explosive growth
- The definitive, award-winning online marketplace for original and inspiring products
- Supporting growth for the UK’s most creative small businesses and changing the lives of our sellers
- Offering customers the chance to source, create and own beautiful, out-of-the-ordinary products
- Supported by top VC’s which recognise and support our ambition
Our people are as unique as our products, and alongside a competitive salary we offer fantastic benefits including a bonus scheme and generous holiday allowance.
Based in London’s growing digital and e-commerce hub of Richmond-upon-Thames, aka ‘Silicon-upon-Thames’, we offer a dynamic and socially active environment.
WHAT WE NEED IN A NUTSHELL
Notonthehighstreet.com has a brand new role available for a Head of Finance. We’re growing exceptionally fast and looking for someone who can lead a finance team that can power and support the business during this exciting time.
Your task will be to develop the team and execute a plan that evolves the great team we have already into a best in class finance function that drives the business to even greater heights.
Reporting directly to our Chief Commercial & Financial Officer, this is an exciting opportunity to make a real difference during this high-growth phase by putting finance at the heart of the business.
WHAT THE ROLE ENTAILS
You will take ownership of the day to day running of the core finance function continuing to build a robust efficient finance team and platform with best practice controls, processes and systems. You will have stewardship of the overall financial position, profit & loss account, balance sheet and cashflow of the business in addition to responsibility for financial control over all business operations.
Due to the pace of our growth you’ll also manage the impact of international expansion on the financials and controls of the business as well as managing the conversion of the financial statements to IFRS.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Leadership; lead and develop the core finance team of notonthehighstreet
- Month End; manage the delivery of high quality monthly management reporting that delivers actionable insight to the business leaders
- Year End; manage the planning and delivery of the year end audit in line with appropriate and relevant accounting standards, in conjunction with the external auditors
- Forecasting; Co-ordinate the annual budget and quarterly reforecasts process together with the Commercial Finance Manager
- International; as we expand Internationally you will be the finance lead for the delivery of our international expansion plans
- Controls; maintain and improve systems and processes within the team and the business to ensure strong and appropriate levels of financial control and risk management
- Accounting; ensure all accounts payable, receivable, expenses, fraud and payroll systems are operating effectively and in line with internal and external customer need
- Treasury; manage business banking relationships and treasury policies and practices to in line with business needs
- Compliance; ensure compliance with all relevant external reporting requirements and timetables including Corporation Tax, VAT and statutory accounting
- Improvement; continually seek to improve the performance, motivation and delivery of the core finance team
- Assist the Financial Controller with any other ad hoc work as required
THE TYPE OF PERSON WE ARE LOOKING FOR
You will have the credibility to act as a business partner at the highest levels of senior management, and across the business, with great communication skills and the ability to both support and challenge the business simultaneously. You will have an ability to quickly and succinctly understand an issue, get to its heart, and propose and deliver an appropriate solution. You will understand when to delegate work and adapt to changes quickly along with supporting the team, but be happy and able to get your hands dirty when deadlines demand it. You will know how to step back and see the big picture and overview of certain things, yet will instinctively know when having an eye for detail is required.
THE KEY SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE NEED
The ideal candidate is someone with a unique blend of capabilities from team leadership, technical accounting and financial reporting to risk management & systems.
We are looking for:-
- Qualified ACA/ ACCA/CIMA with significant PQ experience
- Proven track record in a similar fast paced industry preferred but not essential
- Strong technical accounting skills and financial acumen, as well as an understanding of key business drivers and how to manage against them
- Exceptional leadership skills and proven experience leading and developing a team
- An enquiring mind, with analytical experience in information intensive/fast moving business
- Able to deliver to tight deadlines whilst still maintaining the integrity and quality of the output required
- The ability to prioritise and meet the deadlines required, whilst holding a passion for quality and high standards.
IF THIS IS THE RIGHT FIT FOR YOU, APPLY NOW!
We’d love to hear about what you can do for us and how you can add value to our people and our business.
Please send us a covering letter to wow us, your CV and an indication of the salary you desire to: firstname.lastname@example.org.