Head of Data and Analytics
ABOUT US AND WHY YOU’LL WANT TO WORK FOR US
Notonthehighstreet.com is one of the UK’s most high profile e-commerce businesses and has been changing the face of retailing online since 2006.
- The No.1 curated marketplace in the world and is continuing to experience explosive growth
- The definitive, award-winning online marketplace for original and inspiring products
- Supporting growth for the UK’s most creative small businesses and changing the lives of our sellers
- Offering customers the chance to source, create and own beautiful, out-of-the-ordinary things
- Supported by top VC’s which recognise and support our ambition
Our people are as unique as our products, and alongside a competitive salary we offer fantastic benefits including a bonus scheme and generous holiday allowance.
Based in London’s growing digital and e-commerce hub of Richmond-upon-Thames, aka ‘Silicon-upon-Thames’, we offer a dynamic and socially active environment.
WHAT WE NEED IN A NUTSHELL
Notonthehighstreet.com is looking for a new Head of Data. Data is our biggest asset and we’re looking for someone who is passionate about data and who has the technical vision to build and lead a new x-business team to support the business through an exciting period of growth in the UK and abroad. We are looking for someone with a unique blend of data strategist, technical engineer, statistician and evangelist to the business. Oh, and the ability to communicate effectively across the board in a way that makes the complex seem simple.
Your task will be to develop and execute a strategic vision that transforms the company’s current data & analysis capabilities into a best in class global function that generates great insights, shapes marketing and category decisions (amongst others) and supports strategic decision making across the business. You will report directly into our Chief Financial & Commercial Officer.
An understanding of the operation and performance of an online consumer business and of its key metrics and is essential. This is an exciting opportunity to make a real difference in the continued high-growth phase of the business and in driving improvement in operating contribution.
WHAT THE ROLE ENTAILS
Reporting into the CFO and working closely with;
- The Leadership team, Senior Managers
- Data team, technology team, product management team
- Category, Marketing, Finance & Operational teams
Your responsibilities will include:
- Understand the commercial needs of the business and then create, own & deliver a strategy to move us towards a place where the right data is reported to the right people at the right time in the best was possible to facilitate great business decisions
- Plan and implement the overall analytics and business intelligence strategy in order to better understand market and consumer motivations
- Areas of remit include Data preparation (sourcing, acquisition, integration), Data warehousing, Reporting, Analytics & BI
- Build out a world class data team, to deliver the underlying platform for short term results and also for long term scalability and success
- Create a BI function and introduce appropriate tools and processes for the delivery of routine and ad hoc reporting across the business
- Work with our business owners to identify information needs and develop reporting: primary partners include the management team, category teams, marketing, finance and operations
- Lead the leveraging of data throughout the organisation to develop real insights and to actively provoke and facilitate action from contextualised insight that drives the business forward
- Discover new opportunities to optimize the business through consumer and customer insights using internal and external market & consumer data
- Develop and maintain reporting and analytical tools, KPI Dashboards & Reporting for all core teams that is proven to drive business metrics, ensuring that this data, including competitor monitoring, is reported in a timely manner
- Ownership of data protection policies and strategy and of PCI compliance obligations for data, and identifying future DP needs based on new developments or policy changes
- Ultimately you will be responsible for helping transform the company into a business that truly differentiates and competes on analytics and insight to deliver on-going success
THE TYPE OF PERSON WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- An enquiring mind, with analytical experience in information intensive/fast moving business.
- Able to deliver to tight deadlines whilst still maintaining the integrity and quality of the output required
- Good team player but also able to work under own guidance as required
THE KEY SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE NEED
- Demonstrable experience of delivery of data and BI platforms and tools in a fast moving, high growth business
- Strong data and analytical skills as well as the ability to translate the complex into easy to understand insight
- Strong commercial acumen, as well as an understanding of key business drivers and the need to manage against them
IF THIS IS THE RIGHT FIT FOR YOU, APPLY NOW!
We’d love to hear about what you can do for us and how you can add value to our people and our business.
Please send us a covering letter to wow us, your CV and an indication of the salary you desire to: email@example.com.