Head of Customer Insight
ABOUT US AND WHY YOU’LL WANT TO WORK FOR US
Notonthehighstreet.com is one of the UK’s most high profile e-commerce businesses and has been changing the face of retailing online since 2006.
- The No.1 curated marketplace in the world and is continuing to experience explosive growth
- The definitive, award-winning online marketplace for original and inspiring products
- Supporting growth for the UK’s most creative small businesses and changing the lives of our sellers
- Offering customers the chance to source, create and own beautiful, out-of-the-ordinary things
- Supported by top VC’s which recognise and support our ambition
Our people are as unique as our products, and alongside a competitive salary we offer fantastic benefits including a bonus scheme and generous holiday allowance.
Based in London’s growing digital and e-commerce hub of Richmond-upon-Thames, aka ‘Silicon-upon-Thames’, we offer a dynamic and socially active environment.
WHAT WE NEED IN A NUTSHELL
Your passion will be customer insight. Curious, almost obsessive, you will search and strive for an ever richer and articulate understanding of our customers as well as tracking our brand. You’ll have the ability to engage with the business to effectively translate what the customer insight data really means for them. You’ll be comfortable working with the most senior stakeholders across all business areas, yet be equally happy to roll up your sleeves and get things done from a grass roots level.
WHAT THE ROLE ENTAILS
Reporting into the Marketing Director, you will deliver the insight our business needs to make the right decisions for our customers and proactively determining what we need to explore further to impact top line business growth.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Increasing visibility on our customer insight, you will generate infectious energy and appetite, from bi-monthly brand tracking to setting up and running regular customer panels
- Working independently or with agencies, you will fuse with different teams across our business, getting everyone singing from the same hymn sheet as we plug gaps in our information, from Merchandising to Customer Service
- Raising our game, you will make greater use and share more the information we already have in the most exciting ways
- You will participate in a virtual insight team across UX and partner communications as you set the agenda for our insight needs
THE TYPE OF PERSON WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Tenacious, organised and driven, you will direct your experience into developing our Insight function from a very early stage. You will be creative and influential, setting out your stall so that all elements of the business can capitalise on your understanding and direction of our widening customer base.
Motivated by significantly impacting our business performance, you will also champion our customer in everything you see and do and influence what the business does as a result. Balancing empathetic and analytical approaches, you will be compelling in bringing different insight methods that your internal audiences will love. Expert in getting people to see what you can see, you will make the right call on priorities and your flexibility will resonate as you become a focal point of the customer across the business.
THE KEY SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE NEED
- An impressive background within Insight roles, ideally with previous ecommerce experience
- A depth of consumer behaviour knowledge especially in a B2C environment
- Experience working with stakeholders at all levels and across different business areas
- Moderation experience/certification plus expert in analysis and recommendation
- Compelling engagement skills across a range of stakeholders and levels
- Mastery of building strong relationships for delivering results
- Exceptional detail and organisation skill
IF THIS IS THE RIGHT FIT FOR YOU, APPLY NOW!
We’d love to hear about what you can do for us and how you can add value to our people and our business.
Please send us a covering letter to wow us, your CV and an indication of the salary you desire to: email@example.com.