ABOUT US AND WHY YOU’LL WANT TO WORK FOR US
Notonthehighstreet.com is one of the UK’s most high profile e-commerce businesses and has been changing the face of retailing online since 2006.
- The No.1 curated marketplace in the world and is continuing to experience explosive growth
- The definitive, award-winning online marketplace for original and inspiring products
- Supporting growth for the UK’s most creative small businesses and changing the lives of our sellers
- Offering customers the chance to source, create and own beautiful, out-of-the-ordinary things
- Supported by top VC’s which recognise and support our ambition
Our people are as unique as our products, and alongside a competitive salary we offer fantastic benefits including a bonus scheme and generous holiday allowance.
Based in London’s growing digital and e-commerce hub of Richmond-upon-Thames, aka ‘Silicon-upon-Thames’, we offer a dynamic and socially active environment.
WHAT WE NEED IN A NUTSHELL
Notonthehighstreet.com is looking for a talented Frontend Architect to work in a stimulating and agile environment with like-minded professionals to design, implement and scale our client-side platform to support our global ambitions.
WHAT THE ROLE ENTAILS
We are taking our platform to the next stage with a continued emphasis on rich and creative user experience through our multi-channel platform and have a requirement for a hands-on talented Frontend Architect to come in and shape our client side platform. Reporting to the Technical Director and working alongside a team of creative Engineers, our DevOps team and the business, you will own, lead and drive the architecture of the front-end team and vision; you will actively be working to build and introduce best practices and technical changes to benefit the team and business through hands-on development.
We are talking high-availability, global, and the opportunity to make a big difference, collaboratively working with other team members to build a product that changes people’s lives.
THE TYPE OF PERSON WE ARE LOOKING FOR
The successful candidates should have a proven track record of developing scalable solutions using front-end technologies. Our ideal candidate will be from an e-commerce background, with strong Agile, TDD and object-oriented design skills.
You will be passionate about development and front-end technologies, proud of what you do and interested in advancing your skills and those of your team. You desire to work collaboratively with different team members on projects and can balance technology decisions and best practices with wider business judgement and delivery. As well as having a long term focus, your role is also about leading and championing good architecture and design principles among our product development teams on a day-to-day basis.
In return, we offer you a dynamic, fast moving, rapidly growing environment, where we value creativity and innovation, technical excellence and responsibility/ownership. You’ll work on a variety of projects on our award-winning site, to help build customer reach and engagement.
THE KEY SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE NEED
- Extensive experience building and leading a front-end/technology team
- Strong communication skills, both technically and non-technically
- Strong knowledge of libraries and frameworks such as AngularJS, RequireJS, Node.js, PhantomJS, jQuery, Jasmine etc
- Ruby on Rails experience experience would be an advantage
- Champion of modern development practices and tools, eg Continuous Delivery, DVCS such as GIT, TDD
- Experience working with agile development methodologies and on cross-functional teams
- Desire to work closely with the business, learn new things and teach others
- Ability to take ownership of a project or issue, analyse it and solve problems not faced before
- You’ll need a technical background, with a strong Computer Science, Software Engineering or similar degree.
IF THIS IS THE RIGHT FIT FOR YOU, APPLY NOW!
We’d love to hear about what you can do for us and how you can add value to our people and our business.
Please send us a covering letter to wow us, your CV and an indication of the salary you desire to: firstname.lastname@example.org.