from Silicon-on-Thames to Silicon Roundabout
Last month the notonthehighstreet.com technical team made the trip from our offices in Richmond across the water to attend one of the newest and most successful recruitment events of the year – Silicon Milkroundabout. Located in East London, the fair plays on the ‘silicon roundabout’ term which was coined to describe the area around Old Street roundabout where many tech companies are based.
Silicon Milkroundabout is a recruitment fair with a bit of a difference – all the companies looking for candidates are start-ups and graduates attending get the chance to hear about opportunities within these companies rather than just going down the traditional route of applying for a graduate scheme with a bank or consultancy.
We had a fantastic day – our competition offering free beer for a year went down well and we met some fantastic candidates, some of whom are about to join the team! Here’s a photo of our lovely stand (the tech team were too shy to stand in the photo and show off their matching notonthehighstreet.com T-shirts)
Silicon Milkroundabout was great for us as we’re one of the fastest growing companies in the UK and we’re always looking for new talent to join our team
As a notonthehighstreet.com developer you’ll help hundreds of small UK businesses realise their dream of taking a creative idea from the kitchen table to the world. We’re a company that moves fast and are keen to continue to do so, constantly learning along the way. If you’re talented, dedicated and passionate about creating perfect code to talk to us about joining notonthehighstreet.com email email@example.com.
Even if you’re not ready for a career change just yet or you’re still at university you can hear about any vacancies and get to know our team via our tech recruitment community – JOIN HERE http://bit.ly/uBSFF5
• Work on both internal applications and an award-winning consumer website that is used daily by thousands of people
• Work on a large Ruby on Rails application and discover the limits of the framework, and improve upon it
• Since launching in 2006, notonthehighstreet.com has doubled in size every year: our customers love us, and we’re constantly expanding and growing to meet their needs
• Be part of a very social team, with pub lunches every Friday and regular drinks down by the river
• Our supportive environment encourages you to learn and experiment
• Join a team that values good software engineering – spirited debate is always welcome