Reporting to: Financial Controller
Location: Richmond, London
We’re looking for an enthusiastic and conscientious Financial Assistant to help the Financial Controller in the day-to day running of the accounting functions of the company.
The current Finance Assistant has been promoted within the team and therefore we are looking for a replacement. We are looking for someone who is highly organised and diligent in their work and also approachable and comfortable working with people from right across the business.
The role is within the Core Finance team, which is led by the Financial Controller and consists of two Financial Accountants and the Financial Assistant.
As a team we strive for excellence in the work we do and service we provide to the rest of the business and externally to partners and suppliers. We aim to do this by ensuring we provide appropriate support the business, whilst supporting each other in the team too.
Role & Responsibilities
- Purchase invoices – Inputting purchase invoices, ensuring they have been coded and signed off according to the delegated authority list
- Credit cards – Managing the account and relationship with the bank, setting up and training new users and removing users as needed. Collating and filing all request forms and receipts
- Supplier pay runs – preparing the weekly supplier pay run ensuring that suppliers are paid correctly and on time
- Supplier statements – ensuring that the purchase ledger is complete and up to date.
- Supplier queries
- Petty cash – managing petty cash levels and reconciling to requests and receipts.
- Bank statements – posting transactions through various bank accounts
- Partner pay runs – preparing the weekly partner pay run for both UK and Ireland and reconciling the pay run to supporting reports
- Manual payments – Entering manual payments and refunds on a weekly basis
- Duplicate entries – reviewing the duplicates report each week and correcting as necessary
- Answering all partner queries in a timely manner
Month End Duties
- To work with the accounting team to finalise the trial balance, including posting of expense claims, sales and purchase invoices, credit card expenditure and reconciling bank statements and credit card statements, to ensure the general ledger reflects the business and departments correctly.
Ad hoc duties
- Improvements in accounting systems and process
- Assist the Financial Controller with the planning for the year end audit
- Maintaining accurate paper records
- Provide cover for the Sales Ledger Finance Assistant through a variety of activities including:
- Sales invoices – Inputting sales invoices for joining fees, dispatch material and other non-commission income, agreeing monthly sales figures with New Business team
- Payment – taking partner payments over the phone
- Debt control – chasing payment for short code changes and commission rate changes
Desired Skills & Experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to work well within a team environment
- Reliable, tolerant and determined
- Must be detail and service oriented
- Willing to work on your own solutions – try to find the solution yourself, but also knowing when to ask for guidance and support when needed
- Currently studying towards an accountancy qualification (such as AAT or similar)
- Prior experience in a finance role is an advantage, but not essential
- Committed to producing high quality results within strict deadlines and focused on the achievement of team goals.
- Meticulously organised and be able to create a system or routine to ensure that all work is completed in the monthly cycle.
- Enjoy working in a dynamic and pacey environment.
- Ambitious and willing to learn and develop
If you think you can make a difference to our sellers, our customers and our company, we’d love to hear from you. Please send your CV, a covering letter and an indication of the salary you’re looking for to email@example.com.