ABOUT US AND WHY YOU’LL WANT TO WORK FOR US
Notonthehighstreet.com is one of the UK’s most high profile e-commerce businesses and has been changing the face of retailing online since 2006.
- The No.1 curated marketplace in the world and is continuing to experience explosive growth
- The definitive, award-winning online marketplace for original and inspiring products
- Supporting growth for the UK’s most creative small businesses and changing the lives of our sellers
- Offering customers the chance to source, create and own beautiful, out-of-the-ordinary things
- Supported by top VC’s which recognise and support our ambition
Our people are as unique as our products, and alongside a competitive salary we offer fantastic benefits including a bonus scheme and generous holiday allowance.
Based in London’s growing digital and e-commerce hub of Richmond-upon-Thames, aka ‘Silicon-upon-Thames’, we offer a dynamic and socially active environment.
WHAT WE NEED IN A NUTSHELL
We’re looking for a Finance Assistant to join our busy Core Finance team. In this busy role, you’ll be assisting the Financial Manager in the day-to day running of the Accounts Receivable accounting functions of the company.
Highly organised and diligent, you love working with people from across the business and will be renowned for your approachability and enthusiasm to help others!
WHAT THE ROLE ENTAILS
Our Core Finance team is led by our Financial Controller and consists of two Finance Managers, a Financial Accountant and two Financial Assistants.
As a team, we pride ourselves on excellence in the work we do and service we provide to the rest of the business and externally to partners and suppliers.
Some of your duties will include:
- Sales invoices – Inputting sales invoices for joining fees, dispatch material and other non-commission income, agreeing monthly sales figures with New Business team
- Payment – taking partner payments over the phone
- Debt control – chasing payment for short code changes and commission rate changes
- Petty cash – managing petty cash levels and reconciling to requests and receipts.
- Bank statements – posting transactions through various bank accounts
- Partner pay runs – preparing the weekly partner pay run and reconciling the pay run to supporting reports
- Manual payments – Entering manual payments and refunds on a weekly basis
- Duplicate entries – reviewing the duplicates report each week and correcting as necessary
- Answering all partner queries in a timely manner
- Assisting the Financial Accountant with fraud prevention and monitoring
Month End Duties
- To work with the accounting team to finalise the trial balance, including posting of expense claims, sales and purchase invoices, credit card expenditure and reconciling bank statements and credit card statements, to ensure the general ledger reflects the business and departments correctly.
Ad hoc duties
- Including making improvements in accounting systems and processes, helping the FC to plan for the year end audit and providing cover for the Purchase Ledger Finance Assistant when needed
THE TYPE OF PERSON WE ARE LOOKING FOR
You will enjoy working in a dynamic and pacey environment and will be driven to produce high quality results within strict deadlines. As a team player, you are focused on the achievement of team goals but are also willing to work on your own solutions – you love finding answers to problems and looking for ways to make things even better!
THE KEY SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE NEED
- Prior experience in a finance role is an advantage, but not essential
- If you don’t have experience in a Finance role, you will be currently studying towards an accountancy qualification (such as AAT or similar)
- Meticulously organised with huge amounts of attention to detail
- Reliable, tolerant and determined
- Must be detail and service oriented – always striving to help others
- Ability to create processes to help efficiency – e.g. create a system or routine to ensure that all work is completed in the monthly cycle.
- Ambitious and willing to learn and develop
IF THIS IS THE RIGHT FIT FOR YOU, APPLY NOW!
We’d love to hear about what you can do for us and how you can add value to our people and our business. Please send us a covering letter to wow us, your CV and an indication of the salary you desire to: email@example.com