Customer Service Manager – UK Based (German Speaking)
ABOUT US AND WHY YOU’LL WANT TO WORK FOR US
Notonthehighstreet.com is one of the UK’s most high profile e-commerce businesses and has been changing the face of retailing online since 2006.
- The No.1 curated marketplace in the world and is continuing to experience explosive growth
- The definitive, award-winning online marketplace for original and inspiring products
- Supporting growth for the UK’s most creative small businesses and changing the lives of our sellers
- Offering customers the chance to source, create and own beautiful, out-of-the-ordinary things
- Supported by top VC’s which recognise and support our ambition
Our people are as unique as our products, and alongside a competitive salary we offer fantastic benefits including a bonus scheme and generous holiday allowance.
Based in London’s growing digital and e-commerce hub of Richmond-upon-Thames, aka ‘Silicon-upon-Thames’, we offer a dynamic and socially active environment.
WHAT WE NEED IN A NUTSHELL
We are looking for a dynamic, fluent German speaking, Customer Service Manager to lead a talented team of Customer Service Agents in delivering an exceptional experience to both our customers and partners. You will ensure that our customers are delighted with their experience with us and will promote the culture and values inside and outside the business which make notonthehighstreet.com an exceptional and extraordinary place to work.
WHAT THE ROLE ENTAILS
Reporting to the Head of Customer Service and working closely alongside a team of enthusiastic and driven Customer Service Managers, you will manage a team of 5 Customer Service Agents in this role.
Some of your areas of responsibility will be:-
- Providing continuous training and development to the team to ensure that they are consistently providing an outstanding customer experience and driving success to achieve the departments KPI’s.
- Recruitment, training, performance management, coaching and on-going personal development with your team
- You will manage escalations, help negotiate win-win outcomes and gain an in depth knowledge of the legalities surrounding distance selling
- Work alongside our Data and Insights Manager and our Customer Service Improvements Co-ordinator to interpret data given to you and refine processes to make the department more efficient, as well as liaising with other areas of the business on a frequent basis.
- Reacting to data and information that has been given to you and feeding it to your team
- Keeping ahead of industry trends through continuous research
THE TYPE OF PERSON WE ARE LOOKING FOR
You will have a real passion for e-commerce, customer service and supporting independent businesses. You will be a natural leader with a flexible, engaging, down to earth management style and you will love to motivate your team to achieve their best. You’ll thrive under pressure and will have a calm approach to changing situations. You have a creative and open minded approach to problem solving and are able to question existing practise to constructively add value.
You pride yourself on your conscientious attitude to work and being reliable and professional in all that you do.
THE KEY SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE NEED
- Fluency in English and German – both written and verbal. The ability to communicate in additional European Languages would be an advantage
- Demonstrable previous customer service management experience, ideally gained within a call centre or e-commerce environment
- Strong people management skills, and proven experience in leading and motivating a team
- Ability to work within a team environment and be able to adapt your communication style to reflect the needs of your audience and articulate yourself clearly
- A natural multi-tasker who thrives in a pressured environment
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
IF THIS IS THE RIGHT FIT FOR YOU, APPLY NOW!
We’d love to hear about what you can do for us and how you can add value to our people and our business.
Please send us a covering letter to wow us, your CV and an indication of the salary you desire to: firstname.lastname@example.org.