Country Manager, Germany
ABOUT US AND WHY YOU’LL WANT TO WORK FOR US
Notonthehighstreet.com is one of the UK’s most high profile e-commerce businesses and has been changing the face of retailing online since 2006.
- The No.1 curated marketplace in the world and is continuing to experience explosive growth;
- The definitive, award-winning online marketplace for original and inspiring products;
- Supporting growth for the UK’s most creative small businesses and changing the lives of our sellers;
- Offering customers the chance to source, create and own beautiful, out-of-the-ordinary things;
- Supported by top VC’s which recognise and support our ambition
Our people are as unique as our products, and alongside a competitive salary we offer fantastic benefits. Based in our new offices in Berlin, this is a truly unique opportunity to help build our brand and drive our business in another of Europe’s most discerning retail markets.
WHAT WE NEED IN A NUTSHELL
We are really excited to be launching a new platform for Germany in 2014 – taking the first step in our strategy to make our business truly global over the next 2-3 years. To spearhead our growth in the German market and lead our team in Berlin to success, we are looking for a multi-talented Country Manager who has outstanding Ecommerce expertise and the ability to blend a feeling for great products with the proven experience of delivering against ambitious commercial targets.
WHAT THE ROLE ENTAILS
Drawing on the notonthehighstreet.com global brand and our overall unique selling point, the Country Manager will create a compelling offering and experience that is localised and relevant for both our customers and our seller community in Germany. Here is a snapshot of what would be within your remit:-
- As owner of the German territory P&L, you will use your vision to create an enticing and ambitious business plan, spotting opportunities which others fear exploring;
- Utilising both your extensive knowledge of the local market and customer insight data, you will work with our central marketing team to create a unique and compelling consumer marketing strategy for the territory, using a multi-channel approach to meet commercial targets and achieve return on investment;
- Inspiring, developing and motivating a talented team – both in Berlin and the UK – to deliver against the business objectives;
- You will use your captivating engagement skills to manage and grow our German seller group (we call them “Partners”). You will understand their needs to help them develop their individual businesses and, in the process, building a community of notonthehighstreet.de advocates and ambassadors.
- Building strong relationships with our technology and product teams to ensure NOTHS.de continues to develop and evolve in line with future needs.
THE TYPE OF PERSON WE ARE LOOKING FOR
You are solution orientated and have both the vision and drive to deliver a strategy to meet our goals. You are comfortable in creating from nothing – you are brimming with ideas and know just how to make them happen. You know the German Ecommerce market inside out and understand exactly what makes our customers tick. You absolutely thrive in a fast moving and evolving environment and your unlimited energy and passion means you are a natural leader – you love inspiring and empowering teams.
THE KEY SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE NEED
- You will blow us away with your considerable track record within e-commerce businesses, preferably with P&L management responsibility within the retail sector;
- You will excite us with your ability to build and see through a business plan and deliver against revenue projections;
- You are an inspirational leader, expert in motivating and developing teams;
- You will be able to show us that you have a clear affinity with the notonthehighstreet.com brand and our products;
- You are an innovative thinker, knowing how to encourage and incorporate creative, ‘product-aware’ knowledge with hard data to steer your business decisions;
- You’ll be a superb communicator, fluent in English and German;
IF THIS IS THE RIGHT FIT FOR YOU, APPLY NOW!
We’d love to hear about what you can do for us and how you can add value to our people and our business. Please send us a covering letter and CV to wow us (both in English please) to: – email@example.com.