confessions of a make up junkie
Forgive me for sounding a little shallow here, but choosing my make up for our wedding day was one of my favourite parts of the planning.
I love everything about buying new make up. If I’m feeling flush then a favourite lunch break treat is to go to a luxury brand’s make up counter and let the sales consultant show me the latest products. I always fully believe everything they tell me about how a super-moisturising, wrinkle-fading, colour-popping lipstick will change my life, and skip out the door swinging my glossy little gift-sized bag.
A little closer to the end of the month I’m equally happy perusing the make up shelves of the local pharmacy and picking up a new cream blush or nail varnish – I love it all!
So, when it came to wedding day make up shopping, I was excited – I’ve written about my visits to make up artists at Armani, Bobbi Brown and Benefit here.
For anyone who is considering doing their own make up for their big day too, I thought I’d put together a list of the products that made up my box of tricks and that saw me through from ceremony to dance floor.
- Fluid master primer – Giorgio Armani
- Luminous silk foundation – Giorgio Armani
- Creamy concealer kit – Bobbi Brown (LOVE this)
- Sheer Bronzer in Bronze Mania – Giorgio Armani
- Pot Rouge in Blushed Rose – Bobbi Brown (as a base for powder blusher – makes it last 10 times longer!)
- Blush in Nectar – Bobbi Brown
- Sheer Finish Loose Powder in Soft Sand – Bobbi Brown
- Eyeshadow in Brulee – Mac
- Pigment pot in Gold Mode – Mac (to highlight inner corners of eyes)
- Eyeshadow in Brown Stone – Bobbi Brown
- Eyeshadow in Mink – Bobbi Brown (for eyebrows)
- Glam Eyes Liquid Liner in Black Glamour – Rimmel (the best I’ve tried and a bargain!)
- Lip Pencil in No. 22 – Make Up Forever
- Rouge Coco in Mademoiselle – Chanel
All my brushes are from Make Up Forever and Bobbi Brown.
If you plan to be a DIY make up bride too, let us know how you get on!