Category Manager, Jewellery, Fashion & Accessories
ABOUT US AND WHY YOU’LL WANT TO WORK FOR US
Notonthehighstreet.com is one of the UK’s most high profile e-commerce businesses and has been changing the face of retailing online since 2006.
- The No.1 curated marketplace in the world that is continuing to experience explosive growth
- The definitive and award-winning site and online marketplace for original and inspiring products
- Supporting growth for the UK’s most creative small businesses and changing the lives of our sellers
- Offering customers the chance to source, create and own beautiful, out-of-the-ordinary products
- Supported by top VC’s which recognise and support our exceptional businesses and ambitions
Our people are as unique as our products, and alongside a competitive salary we offer fantastic benefits including a bonus scheme, generous holiday allowance and an amazing culture to work in.
Based in London’s growing digital and e-commerce hub of Richmond-upon-Thames, aka ‘Silicon-upon-Thames’, we offer a dynamic and socially active environment.
WHAT WE NEED IN A NUTSHELL
We are looking for a talented Category Manager with a real passion for Jewellery, Fashion and Accessories and an eye for the unique. You will have the drive and vision to shape the direction of our newly created Jewellery, Fashion and Accessories category structure.
Your instinct is matched with your ability to engage and lead a team of people through to delivery and you will bring our brand to life as your category expands, delivering a life ‘less ordinary’ for our customers. This is a unique opportunity to play a major role in shaping some incredible chapters in our outstanding success story and to disrupt and invigorate this industry.
WHAT THE ROLE ENTAILS
Reporting into the Head of Commercial, and working as part of the Commercial team, key to this role will be balancing the need for the right products with the ability to hit challenging targets and KPI’s. You will love extracting the magic of products and supporting your vision through future trends analysis. You will plan the range and develop products, smash sales and revenue targets whilst staying ahead of the market.
Some of the things within your remit will be:-
- Creating an ambitious growth business plan for your category including:
- Sales and revenue growth targets and development opportunities
- Planning an outstanding range and diversification
- Product development requirements
- Customer and partner needs
- Optimisation of promotional space
- Market reviews, reviewing competitors you will leave behind and spotting opportunities where others fear exploring
- Reporting progress and efficiency of your plan and KPIs against objectives
- Managing, developing and inspiring a talented, growing and evolving team
THE TYPE OF PERSON WE ARE LOOKING FOR
You are bursting with ideas and if you could design your dream job this is it! You can already clearly see where we need to be and just know what is that will thrill our customers. You are naturally fascinated by the Jewellery, Fashion and Accessories world and are commercially astute, relishing responsibility for your category. You are engaging and open, happy to create from nothing and able to be guided by the realities and needs of an evolving business and you absolutely thrive on change! You love inspiring teams and empowering people, and are comfortable in leading the way and standing on your own two feet.
THE KEY SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE NEED
- You will have a strong
- track record in category management with a focus on Jewellery, Fashion or Accessories, ideally in an Ecommerce environment
- You will have proven experience managing and developing a team
- You will have a natural aptitude for numbers and analytics
- You will be highly organised
- You will have a naturally collaborative style
IF THIS IS THE RIGHT FIT FOR YOU, APPLY NOW!
We’d love to hear about what you can do for us and how you can add value to our people and our business.
To apply, please send us a covering letter to wow us, your CV and an indication of the salary you desire to: firstname.lastname@example.org.