Category Manager, Germany
ABOUT US AND WHY YOU’LL WANT TO WORK FOR US
Notonthehighstreet.com is one of the UK’s most high profile e-commerce businesses and has been changing the face of retailing online since 2006.
- The No.1 curated marketplace in the world and is continuing to experience explosive growth
- The definitive, award-winning online marketplace for original and inspiring products
- Supporting growth for the UK’s most creative small businesses and changing the lives of our sellers
- Offering customers the chance to source, create and own beautiful, out-of-the-ordinary things
- Supported by top VC’s which recognise and support our ambition
Our people are as unique as our products, and alongside a competitive salary we offer fantastic benefits. Based in our offices in Berlin, this is a once in a lifetime opportunity to work in a truly entrepreneurial, creative environment.
WHAT WE NEED IN A NUTSHELL
We are looking for a Category Manager who has a passion for great products! You have an eye for the unique, the delightful and a vision for the future. Your instinct is matched with your ability to engage and lead a team of people, from the spark of an idea through to delivery.
Your dream is to do something never done before in this sector. You will play a major role in shaping an incredible category that’s writing a new chapter in an outstanding success story. You will bring our brand to life through a range of products that delight our customers, delivering a life less ordinary.
WHAT THE ROLE ENTAILS
In this role, you will be balancing the need for the right products with the ability to hit challenging targets and KPI’s. You will love unlocking the potential of your category through analysis of the numbers, existing range and future trends. You will plan the range and develop products, smash sales and revenue targets and stay ahead of the market. With your ability to take people with you, you will inspire a team that bounces with energy and delivers growth …
Responsibilities will include:
- Creating an ambitious growth business plan for your category including:
- Sales and revenue growth targets and development opportunities
- Planning an outstanding range and diversification
- Product development requirements
- Customer and partner needs
- Optimisation of promotional space and product prominence
- Forecasting, tracking and reporting on performance to the business
- Market reviews and trend analysis, reviewing competitors you will leave behind and spotting opportunities where others fear exploring.
- Managing, developing and inspiring a team
THE TYPE OF PERSON WE ARE LOOKING FOR
You are alive with ideas and if you could design your dream job this is it! You can already clearly see where we need to be and just know what it is that will thrill our customers. You will also:
- Have amazing engagement skills with infectious energy and personality. You will take people with your energy and passion and your enticing vision for evolving our Germany category
- Be commercially astute and relish responsibility for your category
- Thrive on change and are flexible to adapt quickly
- Be comfortable in creating from nothing and able to be guided by the realities and needs of an evolving business.
- Make things happen and consistently deliver at a high level
- Love inspiring teams and empowering people, and are comfortable in leading the way.
- Have fantastic vision and an entrepreneurial spirit
THE KEY SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE NEED
- Captivating track record in category management, ideally within E-commerce
- German market experience
- Fluent English/German language skills
- Experience in analysing data and capitalising on trends/analysis
- A strong people manager with demonstrable experience managing and developing a team
- Highly organised
- A collaborative style
- Naturally fascinated by all lifestyle retail sectors.
IF THIS IS THE RIGHT FIT FOR YOU, APPLY NOW!
We’d love to hear about what you can do for us and how you can add value to our people and our business.
Please send us a covering letter to wow us, your CV and an indication of the salary you desire to: email@example.com.