Business Development Executive
ABOUT US AND WHY YOU’LL WANT TO WORK FOR US
Notonthehighstreet.com is one of the UK’s most high profile e-commerce businesses and has been changing the face of retailing online since 2006.
- The No.1 curated marketplace in the world and is continuing to experience explosive growth
- The definitive, award-winning online marketplace for original and inspiring products
- Supporting growth for the UK’s most creative small businesses and changing the lives of our sellers
- Offering customers the chance to source, create and own beautiful, out-of-the-ordinary things
- Supported by top VC’s which recognise and support our ambition
Our people are as unique as our products, and alongside a competitive salary we offer fantastic benefits including a bonus scheme and generous holiday allowance.
Based in London’s growing digital and e-commerce hub of Richmond-upon-Thames, aka ‘Silicon-upon-Thames’, we offer a dynamic and socially active environment.
WHAT WE NEED IN A NUTSHELL
We’re looking for a bright and confident Business Development Executive to join our expanding Business Development team. The Business Development team identifies, develops and delivers a range of growth opportunities for the business. Your role will support us in researching and implementing multiple initiatives while we continue to identify and develop further opportunities for future delivery.
This is a small entrepreneurial team that work alongside Product Development, the Commercial team and the CEO to drive the continued growth of notonthehighstreet.com.
WHAT THE ROLE ENTAILS
Reporting to the Business Development and Strategy Manager, your role will be to support and coordinate the development of new opportunities for notonthehighstreet.com.
Some of your key responsibilities will be:-
- Engage with customers, suppliers and with cross functional team members to bring these new areas of the business to life
- Support a range of activities including research, lead development: over the phone, online and in the field
- Over time, take responsibility for specific initiatives, coordinating day to day activities as they scale to become established areas of our business.
- Behave adaptively and instinctively, seeking creative solutions when challenges present themselves
THE TYPE OF PERSON WE ARE LOOKING FOR
You will be a business development enthusiast who is eager to get involved in a variety of hands-on activities to support and coordinate new opportunities for the brand and our ongoing business growth. You will relish a challenge and enjoy working in an entrepreneurial and fast-paced environment. We’re looking for a true professional who is comfortable engaging with customers, suppliers and cross functional team members across the business at all levels of seniority.
THE KEY SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE NEED
- Strong previous experience working in a business development or related role, ideally within a consumer and/or online business
- Energy and enthusiasm for hands-on activities
- A passion for online consumer retail
- A results-driven attitude and an instinctive, intuitive and creative approach to overcoming issues that arise
- Strong organisational skills and ability to juggle multiple tasks in order to meet deadlines
- Presence, maturity and an engaging approach with internal and external stakeholders.
IF THIS IS THE RIGHT FIT FOR YOU, APPLY NOW!
We’d love to hear about what you can do for us and how you can add value to our people and our business.
Please send us a covering letter to wow us, your CV and an indication of the salary you desire to: firstname.lastname@example.org.