BBQ LIKE A BOSS
Tongs in one hand. Crisp beer in the other. It’s time to christen that brand-spanking new BBQ and show off your skills on the grill. To help you on your way to becoming a BBQ champion, we’ve put together a couple of mouth-wateringly good recipes that are sure add a bit of flavour to your summer get-togethers.
STICKY SUMMER CHICKEN
- 3 x tbsp soy sauce (light or dark)
- 3 x tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 3 x tbsp runny honey
- 3 x tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1/2 clove of fresh garlic, crushed
- Chicken pieces (600-700g)
This recipe is so simple, it’s impossible to get it wrong (seriously, we’ve tried). Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl, then place pieces of chicken (diced or whole breasts) into the marinade. In an ideal world, you’d leave the chicken to soak up the flavours overnight but, if time won’t allow, leave in the mixture for at least an hour. That’s pretty much it. Place directly onto the barbecue (or on skewers with chopped vegetables to make chicken kebabs) and grill until cooked. Brush with more marinade whilst cooking if necessary. Serve with salad, crusty bread and plenty of sunshine.
CINNAMON BARBECUE BANANAS
- 30g unsalted butter
- 30g brown sugar
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla essence (or 1 fresh vanilla pod)
- 4 bananas
If you thought the chicken recipe was easy, get a load of this. Blend together the butter (at room temperature), sugar, cinnamon and vanilla. Create an incision down the side of each banana, creating a pocket. Fill each banana with the butter mixture, wrap in foil and stick on the barbie. They’ll need a minimum of 20 minutes but can be left longer. We highly recommend you eat these whilst listening to this. (Sorry, we couldn’t resist.)
BATTLE OF THE KETCHUPS
No barbeque is complete without some tomato sauce. Our ketchups go head to head in the battle for the ultimate bbq condiment. We think we’ll have all three.
NO COOKING REQUIRED
If chicken cooked to within an inch of its life isn’t quite your thing, we’ve got two delicious alternatives that don’t require any charcoal or tongs.
1) Our tantalising Tapas Kit is the ultimate in alfresco snacking. These Spanish favourites are a must-have for any summer party. Including tapas essentials such as chorizo, habas fritas and sherry (to name a few) any foodie will love this flavoursome journey through the streets of Spain.
2) Impress the hungriest and hardiest of guests with our XL Box. A force to be reckoned with, this is the perfect way to satisfy meat-eaters without even lighting the barbie. The kit includes British charcuterie, spicy chorizo and orignal salami as well as a range of crackling, chutneys and beer. Winning.