Holly Tucker and Sophie Cornish awarded MBEs

We’re delighted to announce that Holly and Sophie have been awarded MBEs for services to small businesses and enterprise in Her Majesty The Queen’s Birthday Honours. Here’s what they had to say:

“We are proud and honoured to receive our MBEs for services to small businesses and enterprise. A dream come true, we are extremely touched to be recognised in this way when we’ve always felt so privileged to have the best job in the world: championing enterprise and small businesses across Britain and abroad.”

Seven years ago, when we launched notonthehighstreet.com from the kitchen table, we never thought we would now be supporting over 3,500 of our country’s most creative small businesses with one of the UK’s fastest growing online marketplaces. Our MBEs are testament to our thriving small business partners who inspire us every day and whose products are the heartbeat of our company as we continue to support and promote them. We hope it will encourage many other entrepreneurs who have a great idea to have the confidence and courage to get their own businesses off the ground.”

“We would like to thank all our small business partners, customers, staff, investors, those who put us forward for this honour and the many others – not least our own husbands and children – who have helped us make notonthehighstreet.com the success it is today. And of course we thank each other for our friendship and for having the passion, drive and determination to make notonthehighstreet.com fly.”

Huge congratulations to Holly and Sophie, and to every one of our fantastic sellers who join us in celebrating such an exciting achievement.

1. I am so so thrilled about this – it’s thoroughly deserved! I have never worked with a company who are as helpful, professional, enterprising and as focused on helping the little man prosper. Thank you and congratulations! :)

reply >
  2. Huge Congratulations to you both! Notonthehighstreet.com has changed my life and I am so grateful to you both for everything that you have worked for. I feel privileged to be able to sell my work through notonthehighstreet.com, it honestly has changed my life in such a positive way. I am now able to do what I love, making jewellery, as a day job…something I have always aimed for. Thank you so much for that.

3. Well done to you both. A well deserved honour and we are both proud of
    your success. Keep up the good work.

Warm regards,

Jeremy and Sheila.

reply >
  4. Many congratulations! When joining NOTHS I asked, ‘What would it take for you to feel you have been successful’. This must be one of those moments?

It has been such a pleasure working with you, and congratulations on your outstanding and worthy achievement.

Donna xx

reply >
  5. Congratulations Holly and Sophie, I am thrilled to be organising my shop front now for joining up with you in the next month or two. Products being made now in a UK factory :-} I am passionate that I am UK made from the website design to the fab boxes the Tilly Airers are sent to the customers. Thank you for creating NOTHS, giving us new small businesses a chance to share our exciting goods.

Kindest regards,

Lindsey Russel
    Tilly Airers Ltd.,

reply >
  6. Huge congratulations to Holly and Sophie. You both work so hard for small businesses and your MBE’s are so well deserved!
    Deborah and Verity
    Sparks Clothing

reply >
  7. Congratulations to you both – it’s wonderful that your tremendous efforts have been recognised, you and your families must be incredibly proud of you both.
    I have only been a partner for a few months and it has changed my life – I knew that NOTHS was the ‘gold standard’. I’ve been proved right – the ethos and the trust you’ve created for the brand can’t be underestimated. It is the fabulous shopping experience you’ve carefully created that makes all the difference to us as partners.
    Thank you and a massive well done.
    With best wishes
    Victoria at The English Shipmate

reply >
  8. Both of us are sending huge congratulations to both of you. Well done – and thank you for allowing us to be part of your success.
    Helen and Simon Lindley

reply >
  9. Many congratulations to Holly and Sophie.
    Since opening my store with you,I actually enjoy work now.
    Like myself many artists and crafts people will have had their lives changed for the better.
    What a legacy for you both.

reply >
  10. Congratulations from the three of us at badgers badgers! Such an achievement to be very proud of.

Di, Nick and Indy the dog x
    badgers badgers

reply >
  11. Congratulations Holly and Sophie. Fantastic news You are both great ambassadors for UK business at its best. So proud of you both.

reply >
  12. Congratulations Holly and Sophie – it’s a great day and well deserved reward for all you have achieved in the last seven years. We knew of your wonderful web business for some time before you asked us to join you – and are so pleased to be able to work with your excellent organisation. Very best wishes for the future, Bill and Charlotte at The Little Leather Box Company

reply >
  13. Well done both of you, well deserved, you gave me a platform to showcase my products and have given me inspiration and the drive to keep going. denise Jammythings.

reply >
  14. Many congratulations Holly and Sophie – a well deserved honour for all your hard work and commitment to a brilliant concept.

reply >
  15. Huge congratulations Holly and Sophie, you are inspirations and great ambassadors for British business! You have helped take my business to a whole new level over the last couple of years. Thank you :) Very well deserved, you should be incredibly proud. Lisa and the More Than Words team x

reply >
  16. Hugwe, huge congratulations to you both. I have loved working with you & your amazing team ,& look forward to the future. Well done to two very inspiring women!

Pipany

reply >
  17. Wow..Congratulations :) I’m proud to be two of the small businesses on NOTHS. My company has grown & been very successful. Thank you.. thumbs up to women entrepreneurs ♥

reply >
  18. Massive congratulations Holly & Sophie, without notonthehighstreet.com I would not be where I am today and I will be forever thankful that I am a part of such a wonderful website which has been created by you x

reply >
  19. Congratulations – such amazing news and truly deserved!!
    So pleased to be part of the Not On The High Street team :)
    xx

reply >
  20. So thrilled to hear that you’ve both been awarded an MBE! I’ve only been with NOTHS for a year but what a year it’s been; my business and my confidence have grown enormously – when I started out, I could never have imagined I’d be where I am today. By offering such a fantastic outlet for our creativity and uniqueness, you are supporting the best of British – and long may it continue! x Michelle – WInk Design

reply >
  21. Congratulations to you both, I know how hard it is to pull off something like this and you’ve done it and been properly rewarded.

reply >
  22. A huge congrats to Holly and Sophie also the NOTHS team – well deserved, really proud for being part of such a successful business.

In Welsh LLONGYFARCHIADAU MAWR!!!

XX

reply >
  23. Congratulations! I have been shopping at NOTHS for years now, and it has never once let me down – you ladies (and all your sellers) are inspirational!

reply >
  24. Never to late to congratulate Holly and Sophie!

Fantastic achievement ladies, keep up the good work :)

We have been selling with you for over 5 years and never looked back, thank you.